Battery door on SQ-A

Discussion in 'Medium Format' started by ian_parkin, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Could anyone who has a SQ range of camera be so kind as to supply me with details of the battery cover sadly gone missing on my SQ-A
    A photo in plan and side view and accurate dimensions would be great
    Ian

2. For a replacement part, I'd start here(look under Bronica repair):
    http://kohscamera.com/
    For a manual, try this:
    http://www.butkus.org/chinon/bronica/bronica_sq-a/bronica_sq-a.htm

3. Ian, I had the same sad problem with my SQ Ai. The kind people at Tamron USA were kind enough to supply me with a new one. (which I then taped over to prevent another loss). Good luck.

4. david_henderson

david_henderson www.photography001.com

I think ( its a while since I used a Bronica) that the SQA compartment might be different from that of the more recent SQ-Ai, as the latter takes 4 batteries separately, wheras the SQA (I think) takes one 6V battery which in essence is the 4 x 1.5V batteries taped together in a stack.

5. They are different. SQ, SQa, SQam are one, SQAi is another. I had a bunch of these, at least that's what I remember.

6. I was actually wanting dimensions so I can make one..
    If anyone can help with accurate dimensions/diagram that would be great

7. I tellya, for a simple little function, these covers are a pretty complex part!
    For what it's worth I have photo'd and measured (with vernier calipers) one of mine. I dimensioned the views in Photoshop Elements (!) You can find the results at the bottom of my PBase SQ-A Page.
    I do have TurbocAD, but given my limited familiarity with it, I could probably make the part faster than I could draw it.

8. I wish somene would use a 3D printer to make these. I would be the first customer.

9. Another note, I use my SQ-A on a tripod for about 99% of its use and the quick release plate fastened on the camera clamps the battery cover down (maybe that's why I still have mine!)

10. As I understand it, the SQ-A uses the same battery door as the ETR series. Koh's has them for $18, and when they shipped to me it was actual postage only. For a light package it was about $2 to Southern California.
    Install it carefully, and it's less likely to come off. Tape is a big help, too.

11. Indeed, I just looked at an electronic copy of an ETRSi manual I have and the cover looks the same. They both use the 6v PX28 battery, so that makes sense.

12. Thank you so much Dave Thomas that's exactly what i was looking for
    I'm just finishing the file to cut them on my cnc machine
    Ian