awaiting approval ?

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by LindaWilliams, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Hi
    I just joined and made a message in introductions and it says the thread is "awaiting approval".
    It's a strange system my husband joined last year and he is still awaiting approval for his photos which he uploaded when he joined.
    Also FWIW I uploaded 5 photos when I joined today.
    Thanks if anyone can throw some light?
    Linda

2. Same again - this thread says to me "Awaiting moderation before being displayed publicly."
    and I get an error message saying I have to wait 247 seconds to post this comment ???

Seems strange ???

3. William Michael

William Michael Moderator Staff Member

Welcome.

That happens sometimes: it is nothing to do with that you wrote.

I have a suspicion that it happens sometimes when new user posts in the forums in very quick time after they join/are approved, I think that that the "membership computer" takes its time telling the "forum computer" that this is actually a "real member" making a post.

Anyway Moderators generally notice this happenstance and can fix it, as I have done.

I note that you are approved and your Home Page is visible - if you PM (personal message) me and disclose your husband's user name I will attempt to find out what is happening: no promises, not having an Home Page is an issue with many new members. I do have another reason for asking you to contact me privately - because we might be able to compare your signing up procedure with your husband's - that could throw some light on why there are folk who wait a long time without their Home Page being available and their Images displayed.

I hope you will make yourself available to assist.

William