Auto lens correction in photoshop

<p>Under "Filter>Lens Correction" you will find a tab that allows you to do automatic corrections <em>for those lenses that have lens profiles in the data base</em> for Photoshop CS 5.</p>

<p>You can also search on-line for other lens profiles...</p>

<p>You can also manually (the other tab) correct aberrations, vignetting, etc.</p>

<p>ShiftN is available at http://www.shiftn.de/ but is only for Windows, and is just for perspective control, as its name suggests. In PS, this can be done very easily in the manual controls as above, or with sliders if you open the file in ACR.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks JDM, I can see now that the shiftn program is only just better than the 'perspective' control in PS. I must admit that I do not in fact use the 'perspective' control but prefer to use the 'distort' and 'warp' functions to make corrections.<br>

I'm afraid that these are not much use as batch functions as Benhai requires.</p>

<p>Thanks guys!</p>

<p>My camera is D200. My lens is Tamron A16NII and Nikon 80-200mm 2.8 D ED. I can't find D200 in CS5.1's database. So what should I do?<br>

I also wants to do a batch lens correction in CS5.1 or other program as the first step. Should I use the script tool of photoshop?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>What type file are you processing - RAW , TIF, or JPG? Lens corrections in CS5 is located in the RAW converter, Adobe Camera RAW (ACR 6.7 is the latest converter for CS5). You can process JPG and TIF files in the RAW converter if you have Camera RAW preferences set to allow processing them. I process RAW files and the RAW converter automatically corrects the lens. I believe it will also work for JPG and TIF files. </p>

<p>Adobe does not have corrections for all lens, but if yours is in their database it will correct it. The lens corrections is not a function of the camera, but the lens so it's not associated with the D200. </p>

<p>Hi Robert:</p>

<p>Thanks for your reply! It is in cs5 and lr3. But they don't have my lens, Tamron 16NII, Nikon 35mm 1.8G and Nikon 80-200mm 2.8 ED. I'll have to to create profile for each of them. Lr3 is pretty easy to use since I can sync and export all.</p>

<p> </p>