"Argus" to PC-sync cord

Discussion in 'Lighting Equipment' started by young, Jan 1, 2009.

1. So I have this flash, seen in many google photos listed with an Argus A4 or C-type camera.
    The flash is a bulb type, black, takes 2 C batteries, and says Argus on one side. It has two prongs on one side which can trip the bulb when closed... "shorted"...
    I can make my own, which would work fine, but I would rather have some sort of adapter cord ready made. I need a female (Argus) to male (PC) type cord.
    Does anyone know of anything like this avaliable for sale?

2. This is exactly what I needed, however the prongs on Argus flash unit are round.
    Wounder if they will fit... buying time.

3. @Tom, that's a HH to PC (household to pronto-compur) adapter. The OP needs single round pins to male PC. I don't see one on the Paramount catalog, but, they'll make anything.
    @ OP. You might inquire at the Argus Collectors Group (http://arguscg.tripod.com/) they seem to know everything about Argii.
    <Chas>

4. My first 35mm was an Argus and my Grandfather who help me get started in photography left me his Argus Camera. I thin I have the adapter on it for a regular flash to Argus but would have to see..

5. My first 35mm was an Argus and my Grandfather who help me get started in photography left me his Argus Camera. I thin I have the adapter on it for a regular flash to Argus but would have to see..

6. My first 35mm was an Argus and my Grandfather who help me get started in photography left me his Argus Camera. I thin I have the adapter on it for a regular flash to Argus but would have to see..

7. Argus changed their flash interface somewhat during the long history of the manufacture of the C3. I think that the C3c was the first with zero sync for flash.

8. Thanks Mr. Webster, ill check that now.