are these any good Pentax PZ-10

reginald_lewis

Useful general tips. If you go to <a href="http://www.pentaxusa.com">www.pentaxusa.com</a> you can download the manuals for just about all the cameras, this gives you a chance to read through and see what the features are. <a href="http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/">This site</a> has loads of information including tables to allow you to compare different bodies.

Hi Reginald.

As they were really Pentax's first true generation of autofocus cameras (ME F not withstanding) the autofocus certainly is slower than the newer ZX/MZ camera lines. Not that it is slow-its just slow-er. The camera comes with the hypershift mode that many people really love in addition to full program and manual exposure. Looking on Boz's site I note that it does not have aperture priority (fairly surprising) and so it would not be a camera that I would personally purchase. It is lightweight, is TTL flash and is therefore a good basic camera.

Aperture Priority- You set the f-stop (say f4) and the camera sets the shutter speed. The nice thing about AP is that it still gives you artistic control over the image without making you mechanically set the shutter speed. For example, say you see a large animal that is moving around some bushes. It might be nice to have the branches in front of the animal in focus and behind out of focus. So let's say you figure you need f-8 to do that. You can do everything manually, but that will slow you down as that animal moves around. If you use full program the camera will likely choose an f-stop that may not be to your liking. Hense aperture priority is very useful to maximize spontanious photography.