Anyone purchased this Wedding Photography dvd

robert_k2

Anyone purchased this dvd from

http;//www.mastersofweddingphotography.com their small video clip on

their web site seems to be interesting. I am always opened to learn

new techniques, but at $200.00 - is it worth the money.

I would like to hear comments from someone that actually purchased

and watched the dvd. Do you think it was helpful in developing and

learning different styles.

I do not mean to offend anybody or be rude to anybody, I am not

interested in comments about how much you hate or love their style.

That is a different subject. I am only interested if the dvd was

useful to you or it was waste of money.

Thank you.

Robert, I have been very tempted to buy it. As I am wanting to take my photography to the next level, I want to learn from those that are not only good photogrpahers, but great business men/women. I may not have the opportunity to attend any seminars given by these photographers and I think that buying the DVD may be just as good as attending their seminar. I have seen the preview video on the masters... website and what turns me off is that I am affraid this video is a feature video on these four great photographers as oppossed to an educational video (which is what I am looking for).<br><p>

Joe Bussink has a video by himself that sells for about $129.00 at the <a href="http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=3683401&showprevnext=1" >Gary Fong</a> store.<br><p>

There is another video that really interests me and its from <a href="http://www.mikecolon.com/workshops/dvd/" >Mike Colon</a>. It goes for $249. Check it out <a href="http://www.mikecolon.com" >his page</a>, this guy is awesome.<br><p>

Keep in mind that all these guy make $20,000 (+), per wedding. I mean, I know I am a long way from $20,000 per wedding. But I wouldn't mind making an additional $500-$1,000 per wedding.<br><p>

If anyone has any info on these videos, please share.

They are usually available "used" for a lot less than full pop at this address:

http://www.digitalweddingforum.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB4

I bought and then re-sold "Defining The Moment" and "Masters of Wedding Photography"

and while I found them interesting as one time view, they certainly are not worth the

money they are being sold for, IMHO. Maybe at $29.95 but not hundreds of dollars. YMMV

Hi Robert,

I too was very interested in this video but I was not willing to pay $200, so I found someone who has purchased it and they sold me a copy for $100. Do I think that this video is worth $100? Absolutely not, I think that all the photographers depicted in the DVD are excellent at what they do. The problem is that the videos do not teach anything to us, it seems as if it was a paid advertisement for all the photographers on that DVD.

As photographers (weddings) we have our own styles, this is what makes us who we are, it was interesting to see Joe's style (sniper i believe) but this is not what I am going to do at a wedding.

If I was a new photographer coming to the market, after watching these videos, it would have confused me, because I would have tried to mold myselft to their well polised, over the years developed styles.

Buttom line, cool video to watch to see other professionals at work (very, very short) but should have been given out for free as an advertisement of their styles.

Best,

Greg

Robert, If you'd like a training DVD that is well worth the money I would recommend the Digital Wedding collection at Photovision available for $99....it features people like Jeff Hawkins, Parker Phister (a personal fav) Michele Callentano and several others...approx 12 hours worth of material.

Greg, If you're gonna buy a bootleg copy of someone's copyrighted works, well I guess that's OK by me...don't know that I'd want to go public with that info on the internet though.

Hi Robert, I too was very interested in this video but I was not willing to pay $200, so I found someone who has purchased it and they sold me a copy for $100.

So Greg, you just told the world you are a thief, right? Perhaps I am misunderstanding your post here. You didn't REALLY steal copyrighted material did you? Perhaps it only SOUNDS like you are a thief and copyright violator and you have a perfectly good reason for posting this admission on photo.net

I'm all ears Greg. This should be good.

Tom

I don't think that's the one I have, but it sounds like it's the same type. Mine features Michele Celentano and others. I haven't seen it in its entirety, but what I have seen was interesting and, in fact, useful. It's always educational to watch pros work, especially in terms of how they group people, determine settings for group shots, arrange formals, etc. There is some discussion of lighting, though not really technically enlightening. But, interesting.

Is this all worth $200? That's up to you. It just cost me $500 to take my son to see the Rolling Stones, and I don't regret a penny of it. But, I wouldn't spend that much (or anything) on Wayne Newton tickets.

Where are you located? If you want, I'll lend (not give) you mine. They're not the kind of thing to watch over and over again. When I'm done with them, I'd be happy to send them. What's your e-mail?