Anyone have any Kodalith?

Discussion in 'Film and Processing' started by katherine_kleespies, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Hello! I work in a planetarium where we still use slides for all of our productions, including Kodalith Ortho
    6556 Type 3 (yes, we're old school!). I know that it's not being manufactured anymore, and our stock is woefully
    low. Does anyone have any rolls (preferably 100') that they want to get rid of, or know where I can get some?
    Thanks!

2. Hi Katherine,

I have some locked away. Please contact me offline.

-ian mazursky

www.prepressexpress.com

3. Katherine,

The printer I regularly use still uses an imagesetter where files are burned to negatives, then to plates. That tells me that Kodalith or something like it is still out there. Contact a printer or their suppplier.

Bill Pearce

4. Imagesetting films are really not a good replacement for Kodalith ortho film. Most of them can only be exposed by a very
    strong pin point IR laser device like an imagesetter. Camera film might be better but they are in short supply these days thanks to direct to
    plate.

There are alternatives to Kodalith ortho film but it takes some trial and error to perfect it. They are not direct replacements for every
    situation though.

Freestyle's APHS ortho and Ultrafine's Ortho Litho film to name a few.

-ian