Any one deal with Igor's Camera Exchange in Cleveland ?

leica ron

As said above, Igor is good at replying e-mail. I've never dealt with him in person, but even though he may be a bit optimistic in grading his items, he won't lie. I purchased an Elmarit 28/2.8 for my Leica. He warned me that it had a bit of separation in the rear element (he posted that information on his site) but told me it was close to mint. Well... it wasn't quite that mint. I purchased it, had it repaired at Focal Point, and now it's perfectly fine.

In sum, he's reliable.

Thanks for the responses. He has some non-optical accesories I'm interested in.

Here are his grading standards:

MINT Like new, no signs of wear.

MINT- Near Mint, only couple minor signs of use.

EX++ Excellent. Only very slight marks from use.

EX+ Better than average, used not abused.

EX Average condition, signs of normal use.

EX-/VG Well used but works fine.

He's a member of the LHSA so I assumed he's a reputable dealer.

I'll send him an email ....

Thanks again,

Ron

Met him at a Chicago show. Like someone said, he is a bit gruff and tough, not to say he is dishonest.

I would not buy mail order from him. George Ury is nicer to deal with and I have dealt with him for years. Jim Kuehl from shutterbug is my all time favorite. Contact him by fax with your wants. He will call you. Jim has no website. George only carries better grade equipment. Jim has very nice things, more than his add shows, and he will grade honestly. He and George both send me things on trial with a bill which I pay or return the equipment. Takes a while to get to that stage.

Ron I've bought from Igor direct from his web site (Leica telephoto lens) and from him on EBay (Contax IIA telephoto lens)..both items were conservatively described by Igor...they arrived much nicer than I expected in every respect. As was mentioned you may expect fast shipping and great service.

Sorry to strike a dischordant note, but the "like new, recent CLA" Rollieflex 3.5F I bought from him online last year, had serious faults (according to Rollei tech Harry Fleenor) which would have cost hundreds of dollars to fix.

I (eventually) got a refund, and Igor relisted the camera on his website straight away, with exactly the same condition description.

YMMV. Caveat Emptor etc.

• 3 years later...
<p>A little late to the party, but this may come up on someone's search. I've purchased two lenses from Igor, both mint, and both for a fair price. Other dealers would've charged more. And the lenses, although used, were in mintish condition. Shipping was fast, and packing was carefully done. When it comes to used equipment, one person's "Excellent" is another's only "Very Good," ect., but mint should be mint across the board. This is one of the reasons why I only purchase used stuff that is mint or close to mint. And when it comes to this type of equipment, Igor came through. I can't comment on equipment he sells that falls outside the mintish category.</p>

<p>A little late to the party, but this may come up on someone's search. I've purchased two lenses from Igor, both mint, and both for a fair price. Other dealers would've charged more. And the lenses, although used, were in mintish condition. Shipping was fast, and packing was carefully done. When it comes to used equipment, one person's "Excellent" is another's only "Very Good," ect., but mint should be mint across the board. This is one of the reasons why I only purchase used stuff that is mint or close to mint. And when it comes to this type of equipment, Igor came through. I can't comment on equipment that is more used.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>Update: One of the lenses I got from Igor had a fog problem. I sent it back. He promptly refunded my money. Often the quality of a dealer comes to light when something goes wrong. Based on my two experiences, I would have no hesitation dealing with Igor in the future. </p>

<p>Update: One of the lenses I got from Igor had a fog problem. I sent it back. He promptly refunded my money. Often the quality of a dealer comes to light when something goes wrong. Based on my two experiences, I would have no hesitation dealing with Igor in the future. </p>

• 1 month later...
<p>I bought three items so far - found his rating as follows: Item 1 he rated "exc++" was actually "mint-", item 2 (Leica M8 at excellent price) rated just right, item 3 rated one "+" optimistic. Pretty well balanced. I also traded some equipment - Igor credited my trade as he quoted and what I expected. I'd do business with him any time - actually will be purchasing some more from him as my budget allows. He sounds gruff - it's just an Eastern European-ism. A good guy!</p>