Any forum for announcing folders: Folder of photos taken in 12 minutes

johncrosley

<p>I have just posted a folder ' <a href="../photodb/folder?folder_id=943580">Twelve Minutes at the Hot Dog Stand (The Three Daughters)</a>', all photos taken in12 minutes outside a rather famous hot dog stand at night, a few days ago.<br>

Since only one was posted for critique and the other seven are not expected to be posted for critique, I am wondering is there any place on Photo.net to post an announcement of a new folder?<br>

I formerly used to post very large folders of 'street' photos without ever asking for critique and eventually some entered the top 100 most viewed folders for the year, but that was under an older 'view' counting system, and it has been several years. <br>

I don't troll the forums too often, and could use some help -- is there such an animal as a place to make such announcements (other than posting this question here?)<br>

Thanks.<br>

John (Crosley)</p>

<p>There is not really a place for such an announcement. And in general, posting such an announcement in the forums is not the best way to go about it simply because once we get people doing that, more people will do it and more people will do it and so on. Then the forums become choked with these "look at me" announcements.</p>

<p>I have considered trying to figure out a way for people to ask for critique on a presentation or a folder rather than a single image. But I haven't figured out a useful way for that to work where people would actually discuss the presentation as a whole and not just use it as an attempt to make 15 critique requests at once.</p>