Any alternative brands to the "Pocket Wizard"?

Are there any alternatives to the "Pocket Wizard" radio transmitters,

receivers and transceivers. As good and reliable as they are, I find them too

bulky. They are a bit too pricey too (for what they do).

I was told that triggers made by "Morris Co." are very unreliable and should

not be risked on a paid job -- this is what the sales person told me.

Any other makes/brands that should be considered?

Thanks.

<I>They are a bit too pricey too (for what they do).</I><P>Since they are 100% reliable in

my many years of experience with them and none of the others I have tried have been,

including recent models, I think you are wrong. of course if you aren't doing work where you

need 100% reliability than they are indeed "too pricey" for your needs. Personally I find the

reliability in all sorts of conditions to be well worth the cost.

I just bought a set (transmitter and receiver) of Pocket Wizards. I have used them once. For the few times a year that I do group photography in churches I'm thinking of going back to the old sync cord, it takes less space and demands less care. Also, one less piece of equipment to worry about keeping up with batteries. My problem is that I'd miss them when I do portraiture because I have trouble slaving my photogenics since the soft boxes I use cover the light sensor. Just the same. I could be convinced to sell my new PW's at a big discount if anyone is interested. faustoumaa@yahoo.

I've had The Morris Co./Speedotron 4 channel radio trigger transmitter/receiver set (B&H $119) for a couple of weeks now and they work great for me. Transmitter and receiver light, compact and have fired every time thus far. They claim to work to up to 150ft, but have not tried that, and really don't need it. Not looking to shot from the next county. Small/medium @home studio. For you PW bigots, heck if they break, I can buy two additional sets and still be ahead of the game.