Another Minox DCC

ian_wade

<p>From the minox news page :<br>

<a href="http://minox.com/index.php?id=70&L=1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=298&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1607&cHash=41ae21d5e3">http://minox.com/index.php?id=70&L=1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=298&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1607&cHash=41ae21d5e3</a></p>

<p>It looks like minox is trying its hand at another Digital Classic Camera, this time it has a wopping 5.1mp(insert sarcasm as needed). It probably is an improvement over the other DCC 5.0. But come on this is more a toy, than a camera. Don't get me wrong it looks neat, but given the fact that Minox is going to charge prolly around 200 or 300 $ for the camera takes it all away.<br>

What does everyone else think of this new camera ?</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>Hello to all reading this; I am very new here in the forum. I signed up due to many interesting posts about MINOX I recognised!<br /> I saw the new DCC 5.1 at the MINOX website, and I asked the CS if the external viewfinder from the new 5.1 model fits for the 5.0 plus model I have. No chance, unfortunately. I think now the flash may work, but the other externals like the zoom or wide angle lens would not fit I expect. MINOX pushed the DCC model to a kind of "little system" with some interesting external things I think.<br /> Most interesting point: the image quality! The newer 5.1 seems to be good, and MINOX has posted several pics (all from the nice city Wetzlar, taken just a few weeks ago I think :-) to their website. Real 5 MP is very ok I think and enough for such a small camera.<br /> My 5.0 model has now (after a service: shortly after getting it as a present it falls heavily on the street - there was no big damage, only a little slit at the left side of the cam body - and all cam functions still work!) the new firmware installed - one can download it also from he MINOX website - and IMHO that is very recommended! The picture quality, the sharpness, the colors and the light is much better!<br /> I have taken some example pics on the web just for checking the now better picture quality:<br /> http://www.thomsfotografie.de/minox/MINOX_DCC_M3_PLUS/index.html<br>

All fotos are taken from the cam "as is", no external threat of sharpness, contrast, light, color! Only some pics I cut in size and format (and of course they were made some smaller for my presentation).<br>

<br /> I will check the new model, seems to be a very interesting camera! Well, price is high but given mostly to the design which is really unique.<br /> Many greetings<br /> P.</p>

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

<p>Hi to all,<br>

after long time I am back. After a computer crash I just forget the exact adress of this fine Minox forum.<br>

But now I am here again: So late (but better then never) my response to the questions:<br>

_the pics in my link are taken with the 5.0 model.<br>

_I also did not find now the firmware link. One may contact Minox directly! Sure the very good service will check and help.<br>

I still use the minox 5.0 sometimes for snapshot and when I need a "everyday-everywhere-cam" (normally I use bigger ones: Leica Digilux 2 and D-Lux 5).<br>

Still the Minox DCC 5.0 is an amazing camera! NOT a toy, when one know its limitations.</p>