amvona tripods

jay_frazier

I bought a camera bag from them a few weeks ago. Worth about half what I paid, which was not much so I should not complain very loudly. The zippers are very low quality, good for a dozen or so zip's I expect. Takes them a couple weeks to ship even if you use paypal.

i bought their carbon/magnisium tripod, very sturdy, very slow shipping because i think they came from China and they don't drop ship. standard shipping takes about 2 weeks...

very good price for the product, i wouldn't complain.

but again, i haven't used an expensive tripod to know the differences...

I purchased one of their tripods that came with a pistol grip head. Very good for the money. Friend of mine bought the same one and is very happy with his. Have not had them that long so cannot speak about long term durability but so far so good.

I picked up a FanCier model, which appears to me in all respects to be the exact same Chinese tripod as the Amvona under a different label.

The legs are incredibly durable and extremely well made. From what I have seen in comparison my tripod is a Bogen knockoff and even takes the same QR plates. The funny thing is that the legs are stiffer than my Bogen tripod. I'd even say made better. Flame away.

I paid about 60 dollars for the tripod brand new on Ebay and I've gotten LOTS of use out of it with zero problems from the legset....

The head is not great. Well, let's not say "junk", but it certainly is not of the same quality as the leg set. Mine has the three-way head and in vertical position with my Medium Format setup tends to creep a wee bit past vertical. I'm always adjusting for sag by propping up the outside leg. But come on, man. For sixty bucks you can work with it.

I picked up a Bogen/Manfrotto head (322RC = the sideways pistol grip ball head) and solved all of my problems.

Buy one. You'll never regret it. It has the standard 3/8" screw to mount darn near any head you want to put on it later, should you ever feel it necessary. Quality wise, I'd feel stupid paying more for a Big Name tripod after owning this one. HUGE bang for the buck.

Like an earlier poster mentioned- this is no lightweight tripod. Hiking with it is reminiscent of forced marches with a full pack and weapon.

• 4 weeks later...
THANKS FOR THE INFO GENTS JUST GOT THE AT858B TRIPOD FROM AMVONA AT 5.5 LBS A LITTLE HEAVIER THAN SOME OTHERS BUT FOR THE PRICE I WON'T COMPLAIN WON THE BID ON EBAY VERY WELL BUILT AND SOLID DID NOT GET A BALLHEAD WIT IT I'VE GOT AN OLD GITZO THAT WORKS FINE BUT ANYWAY JUST WANT TO THANK YOU FOR THE INFO

• 1 month later...
I agree, I think that these Amvona tripods are pretty darn good for the money. I picked up two of these AT-858 leg sets, and one of their ATH-H93 ballheads, and one of the ATH-H96 ballheads. The legs are outstanding value (especially at less than $50 a set, shipped, which is what I paid for them). The ballheads should not be confused with $300+ heads from RRS, Arca Swiss, and others in that range, but they are certainly as good as anything in the $50-100 range, and can be had for much less on the 'bay.