Advice sought on a IIIf and light streaking

<p>Hi all<br>

I've just processed a roll of fp4 following using my IIIf on a residential (doing study at St Mark's College, Canberra, Aust). Many of the negatives were light streaked, the light leak being mainly at the bottom of the negative (therefor, from the top of the camera), and around the film sprockets. I'll attach three samples. I thought it may be bad processing (it's DIY, so possibly bad agitation or over processing - I'll run another film thru it tomorrow, and re-check), but what else should I look for (I'm thinking possible light leaks from the takeup spool, or from the top and bottom film rails, or the slow speed charger), and how would I do that. I can't remember when I last used it. I acquired two and a IIIc late last year. Use them regularly, but don't keep tabs on which one. It was however serviced in January this year.<br>

Thanks, Arthur (Apiarist1)</p>

<p>It looks as if your shutter curtains are in less than perfect condition. It may help to avoid changing lenses in bright light (work at least in body shadow) and to keep a lens cap on the lens when not shooting (work out your own system to remind yourself to take it off to shoot pix :-)!). In the long run, looks like a case for new shutter curtains.</p>

<p>I agree about checking the shutter curtains. In addition, on shot #3 , looking at the sprocket hole streaking, I'm guessing that agitation may have been insufficient or the volume of liquid may have been on the short end.</p>

<p>By way of posting pictures -><br /> reduce the size of an image to no more than 700 pixels maximum<br /> after you type in your text, and "submit" it, then you will see the dialog box for posting pictures<br /> be sure to type in a caption -<br /> AND YOU PICTURE WILL BE DISPLAYED IN LINE</p><div>00e738-565070884.jpg.6a3cbaab7da59fff5a816ec50031eadb.jpg</div>