Ads linked within posts?

drew bedo

<p>Herllo,</p>

<p>I am a regular reader and often post to this site. I appreciate the real-world requirements for generating income, pop-ups and banners etc.</p>

<p>Today I noticed that some words within the text of a post were linked to ads for products and services . . .some not remotly related to photogaphy. This feels like an intrusion into my contribution to the community. I do not endorse these products or services, yet my name and opinions are associated with them.</p>

<p>Please reconsider this aspect of photo.net.</p>

<p>

<b> [signature and Website Link Removed. Violation of Photo.net Guidelines]</b>

<blockquote>

<p>"...then you won't see them"</p>

</blockquote>

<p>That's only part of the problem. And I would venture to speculate that "seeing them" is the least of Drew's (and other's) concern. To wit...</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>"I do not endorse these products or services, yet my name and opinions are associated with them."</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Members have <a href="/site-help-forum/00D4gp">expressed their displeasure</a> before about <strong>their</strong> contributed content being used to generate ad links like this in the discussion forums. It gives the impression to the unwitting reader who is unfamiliar with the IntelliTXT nuisance that the author of the post embedded the link.</p>

<p>Unfortunately such complaints have apparently fallen on deaf ears (and yes, I know that pnet is well with their rights under the TOU to generate this offensive pollution).</p>

<p>I guess that's the price you pay. Personally I don't like Intellitext and I declined their offer to put it on my own website when I was given the option.</p>

<p>However photo.net is well within its rights to use the service. I'm sure the links are in my posts here for those not signed in. I don't particularly welcome that, but as I say, that's part of the price you (or I) pay to play.</p>