<p>Hi,<br>

i just receive (well download) my copy of Photoshop CS5! whoououuu ; )</p>

<p>I will let you know my experience during the day, how it feel, how the new filter work in a real life situation on hirez images.</p>

<p>Stay tuned ; )</p>

<p>*if anyone else receive it also, post your comment here also of course.</p>

<p>Lets get ready to work!</p>

<p>well..just to start;</p>

<p>1_they change the alt+cmd+0 (actual pixel on mac) to cmd + 1... will fix this asap ; )</p>

<p>2_the *old* key shortcut to actual pixel make the selected layer go up one layer.. not good.</p>

<p>3_i can now on mac give as much memory to CS5 as i want, being a 64bit app now.</p>

<p>4_the general look of it is the exact same thing as CS4</p>

<p>5_you now have a mini bridge in CS5, it a little window that appear over your image like, well a mini version of bridge ; )</p>

<p>6_you now have a color wheel ring to help you select your color.. dont know how it really work for now.. will find it.</p><div>00WMU0-240489584.jpg.529c8ac0397b62cf9abd23d041605832.jpg</div>

<p><strong>printing</strong>_uuhhh.. its change.. not for good.. at least until i figure it out.</p>

<p>1_on mac, pressing cmd+p bring you the actual printing window.. no change there BUT now you have the PRINT SETTING button instead of the PAGE SETUP button.. and the PAGE SETUP is now part of the menu itself.. where you select your paper size. (see #1)</p>

<p>2_but where is my NO COLOR MANAGEMENT option? how the hell im gonna print using the ABW mode on my Epson?..lets try to find that out... (see #2)</p>

<p>3_Oh, and when you press PRINT, you image go directly to the printer.. no more window open that bring you to the epson driver.. so all should be made by going FIRST to the PRINT SETTING button as per #1... #$%?&*@@@ not good.</p>

<p>EDIT_ really really not good. Not having NO COLOR MANAGEMENT in Photoshop mean that all my print will be darker than normal if i use PRINTER DETERMINE COLOR when using the ABW mode of my Epson.. !@#$% really not good. The correct way of using ABW (or the optimized way) is by selecting no color management in PS.. now what?</p><div>00WMYJ-240523584.jpg.7e06a99cef077045de650bdc9643d0cf.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks for your timely post patrick!</p>

<p>Ive just ordered CS5 and am downloading the trial now, but i have a question: I hear that the RAW conversion engine is new, but that lightroom uses the same engine. I dont have lightroom and was thinking of getting it, am i going to have to wait for lightroom 3 for this newcamera raw conversion to be implemented? for most of my conversions, being a nikon man i use capture nx 2 because it gets more details out of the shots than cs4 did.. i understand the real purpose of lightroom, its just this one point im wondering about...</p>

<p>i notice from various videos that the puppet warp requires a nice selection to be made before use, but after that it looks good.</p>

<p><strong>Adode Camera Raw</strong>_ look the same as the old 5.7 one (now version 6.0) and look exactly as what Lightroom 3 will look.</p>

<p>new noise removal, new film grain in the bw process.. nothing there special for me.</p>

<p>EDIT_ you can now put some point in the curve instead of just the predefine setting or slider adjustment.</p>

<p>EDIT 02_ the shortcut key alt+cdm+0 for actual pixel work like before in ACR.. but not in PS? why change it in one place and not in the other one? ..</p><div>00WMYo-240527684.jpg.aa860027b21de89ef2bd8e905cd155c9.jpg</div>

<p><strong>Bridge CS5_</strong> scary fast. but where is my CONTACT SHEET! they have again remove it like in the previous version of CS4 .. you know, the old cool contact sheet that open in Photoshop.. not the jpeg version or the PDF version.. the one that work ; )</p>

<p>Let see if a special plug in exist somewhere ..</p>

<p><strong>plugin_</strong> caution.. many wont work in 64bit as for now on the Mac platform.. see this from Nik Software for example;</p>

<p><em><strong>For Mac Users (10.5 Leopard and 10.6 Snow Leopard): </strong></em><br>

<em><strong><br /></strong></em><br>

<em>Photoshop CS5 will for the first time, run in 64-bit on Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard) and Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard). <strong>Currently all Nik Software products are 32-bit compatible. For this reason, none of our products will work natively in Photoshop CS5</strong> while in the default 64-bit mode. To work around this issue, until the 64-bit version of Nik Software products are released, <strong>Photoshop CS5 will need to be forced into 32-bit mode</strong>....Nik Software is currently evaluating 64-bit compatibility; however, at this time we do not have any information on when our products will become fully 64-bit compatible.</em></p>

<p>Thank you for some of the detailed screen shots from CS5. I am happy that new Bridge is finally fast -- Bridge CS4 was only 32-bit.</p>

<p>I'll be upgrading to CS5 now and will have it downloaded before early next week.<br>

Excellent. Thanks again Patrick for a little actual look-see and your initial commentary.</p>

<p><em>but where is my CONTACT SHEET! they have again remove it like in the previous version of CS4 .. you know, the old cool contact sheet that open in Photoshop..</em></p>

<p>Did you find them? Are the web galleries gone as well?</p>

<p>I like that mini Bridge idea. Bridge rules. Glad you and my other Mac friends are 64-bit now :)</p>

<p>since they have the new and improved masking tool i doubt that th extrac is back.. will check.</p>

<p>the web gallerie is still there, it seem to have more option for the PDF contact sheet.. or maybe i just didtn see them in CS4? black / red / blue etc background, different color type...</p>

<p>but man.. they really remove the no color management from the print menu! they really f*** me there!</p>

<p>mini bridge is cool, but it seem just to be a quick way of navigating in big bridge without leaving Ps (since Bridge need to be open as well in the background)</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Patrick wrote:<br>

EDIT_ really really not good. Not having NO COLOR MANAGEMENT in Photoshop mean that all my print will be darker than normal if i use PRINTER DETERMINE COLOR when using the ABW mode of my Epson.. !@#$% really not good. The correct way of using ABW (or the optimized way) is by selecting no color management in PS.. now what?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>You do want to print out using Photoshop manages color then select Adobe RGB as that is the "gamma" that the ABW mode of the Epson driver wants...then in the Epson driver, select ABW. This will do a double color manage for the purpose of setting the correct gamma in advanced of sending the data to the ABW driver...I've been doing this from Lightroom for a long time.</p>

<p>The new content aware fill tool is very exciting from what I've seen.</p>

<p>But I still wonder, where is it sampling from? How does one control that?<br>

In your sample above, could you actually have kept the upper clouds instead of totally erasing them?</p>

<p>Thanks Jeff, will try and see if the result are the same ..</p>

<p>but why didt they remove the no color management?</p>

<p>why change a old original command key like alt+cmd+0 for actual pixel in Ps and not in ACR?.. do the photoshop programmer use the software at all in real life or just design it?</p>

<p>why when you press print now the file go directly to the printer without going to the epson driver first like for the past 18 years?</p>

<p>maybe you can talk to someone over there and give them my name.. i will be glad to test drive the alpha or beta version of there next release ; )</p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p>ut why didt they remove the no color management?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Because it was a serious hack and in the case of the new print pipeline on Mac 10.6.x, not worth the hassle nor effort to keep "fixing" stuff Apple keeps breaking...</p>

<p>So, no more No Color Management (which is fine with me because the "work arounds" are a better practice anyway).</p>