Acute-Matte 42170 with grid & split screen

jaydesi

<p>Hi All,</p>

<p>I'm finding it a bit difficult to focus perfectly with the Acute-Matte screen that came with my 503cx, and I was thinking about getting the Acute-Matte 42170 with grid & split screen. I think the split screen will help quite a bit. I switch between the waist-level finder and a PME 3 depending on what I'm shooting. My biggest troubles come with the PME 3, since I can use the pop up enlarger with the WLF to get a better view of my focusing.</p>

<p>Thoughts?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I have had that one for about 15 years now and love it. I had to order it and waited a few months when they first came out.<br>

I sometimes us the optional flip up prism magnifier with it on a nc2 finder.<br>

That combination really allows easy focus on the split screen.</p>

<p>Thanks! I've ordered the "new" screen from KEH. Since they don't include instructions, can you tell me which side goes up? I know it makes a difference and would prefer to find out in advance than after blowing one or more rolls of film finding out I did it wrong.</p>

<p>Sorry I did not see your second question till now. The metal frame around it will have a flush side, this goes up. The bottom side will have tabs coming down at the corners, this side down. You will see this when you get it, pretty simple.</p>