A Nikon FG Goes to Blackpool

John Seaman

<p>The FG is a nice well made electronic camera, with manual, aperture priority and programme modes and TTL flash. I expect some Nikon diehards didn't like it as its a little too light for knocking in fenceposts, but It's a pleasure to use.<br>

The Blackpool seafront was a building site, so most of the shots were of the street variety, with 400 ISO print film.</p><div>00Z5Cv-382591584.jpg.6c264ae7d19876090885325e9ce23992.jpg</div>

<p>Really nice! Wonderful portraits.<br>

How nice that everybody seems to be having fun.</p>

<p>Sure is a pretty camera too, but I'm not sure about any Nikon that is not heavy enough to drive in tent stakes, etc. ;)</p>

<p>I was recently given a black FG without a lens; I gave it the same almost-pancake Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AI-S that you have. The camera is missing the little screw-on finger grip on the right-hand side, but I don't miss it. The FG is an impressive little camera, and the program mode works very well. I like it much more than I had expected to. My one annoyance is that I don't care for the hinged film advance lever, which just feels kind of cheap to me.</p>

<p>Nice pictures; I particularly like "Man with Stick" and "Street Scene."</p>

<p>Nice job! Too bad the 'man with a stick' over-exposed the man a little.</p>

<p>The FG is a very enjoyable camera to use. I agree the program mode is underrated. It handles nicely, and has a bright viewfinder. The one thing I did not like was the shutter sounds really cheap. That may have been just my particular camera.</p>

<p>It is one of the few cameras where the exposure compensation is actually easy to use!</p>

<p> </p>

• 3 weeks later...