A "DIFFERENT" BLOG

jon_kobeck1

<p>Jon, I don't know how your blog is different from the many other artists blogs I read. Perhaps you can tell me how you see it being unique and/or different.</p>

<p>The most interesting part of it is that you seem to have access to Todd Hido. I am not seeing compelling/interesting/illuminating text (by far the rarest form of content on the web these days), mostly minimal input content in that regard, and lots of free-floating images.</p>

<p>The narrowness doesn't bother me, but the white background does. It saps the very subtle color in your imagery. Where's information relevant to potential buyers of your work? Prospective gallerists? On process? Philosophy? Or to your fans? </p>

<p>A blog takes up a lot of time and energy on a near-daily basis and is a major commitment. You need to think about whether this is worth your time, or perhaps about outsourcing some of it. I know plenty of artists who do.</p>

<p>[bTW, you should always have a friend proofread your blog. In the 2nd sentence, that should be 'lose', not 'loose']</p>

Luis thanks for the input. Actually my main concerns was the layout and the aesthetic "look" of it. In that

regard I find your comments most helpful. Perhaps I will experiment with different backgrounds.

I don't have info on print sales because I am not really interested in selling prints. My work is more of an

artistic pursuit rather then commercial. Also, Im not really planning on doing much in text. To be perfectly

honest, I wanted a place where I can post other imagery that isn't really good enough for my portfolio, or

doesn't fit in with any of my projects. As far as compelling text, I'm more interested in communicating

visually.

The blog is really a place I created for me to post my random thoughts and various imagery. Its really an

artistic exercise for myself. I had flickr, tumbler and all the rest. I would rather post my stuff on my own

real estate.