203FE - interior assembly peeling away causing vignetting

pavelkupcik

Hi, I have Hasselblad 203FE that has the following problem: the wall inside of the body is peeling away and intruding inside of the mirror box, causing visible vignetting. See top right edge in the included photo. This looks like it should be an easy fix to glue it back, but considering the risk to accidentally damage the shutter, it's probably best to leave it alone - thoughts? The body is otherwise in perfect condition. Thank you.IMG_1914.thumb.jpg.f749e2e56a48ce29b1ab29707472b876.jpg IMG_1915.thumb.jpg.87c39b543cbbf24002c1c519c4289909.jpg Edited by pavelkupcik

Thin narrow double sided tape will hold that. (Craft shop). It holds on the side trim on My RB67 so it will easily will do that.. Used it with felt strips for light seals On Mamiya C's too. But no longer as I aquired two rolls of self adhesive black foam for these jobs these days.. Edited by laurencecochrane

That appears to be the Light Seal Foil that blocks the light between the mirror hinge, it flexes every time the mirror rises, and eventually breaks off. It's happened to many 200 series cameras by now.

hasselblad_light_foil-png.157716

I replaces mine once, and it broke off again, because the NOS parts were old and brittle. I would just leave it off when it comes off, that is what most people I know do.

There are several threads on the other forum that cover this (ie: Hasselblad heartbreak)

"Manfred, there is a design problem with that camera...every time you drop it that pin breaks"