2013 Photo Project - Week #2

<blockquote>

<p >This is the weekly thread for <strong>the 2013 Photo Project</strong>. The task is to make one photo per week for every week in 2013 and to submit it to this thread. Everyone is free to join the project. You can use any camera type and brand. The photo you submit each week should preferably be shot within the week, starting Monday and ending Sunday. You can also submit a photo shot fairly recently but prior to this week if you would like to do that. Please specify which camera and lens you were using and the exif data (if available).</p>

<p > <br>

<strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the file size under 300kb</strong></em>Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Week #2 is open for uploads. Happy shooting!</p>

<p>Hi all,<br>

Unfortunately, my life's went south! And things are not going to be good for awhile! But, on a happier note, . . . I'm glad we can submit even something more recent and not necessarily shot this week.<br>

My contribution is from my last day out on New Year's Day! It may be a long while before I can do some of the things I enjoy most!<br>

Although I may not be able to continue with this years project, I do hope it becomes a success! I was really looking forward to this thread to make myself get out at least once a week, but now having to move, on a short notice, my priorities are quickly changing.<br>

Canon 50D, EF 100-400<br>

ISO: 1200 (High noise)<br>

Shot@400mm, f/5.6@1/200sec., Spot metering, -0.33step EC</p>

<p> </p><div>00bDHQ-512633684.jpg.10c00b20297b7520a5276601500546fb.jpg</div>

<p>James - I hope things work out for you - that doesn't sound like a great start to 2013.</p>

<p>This week we spent some time walking the streets of Vancouver, and there were a couple of early evening shots that I'm quite happy about. This one appealed because of the contrast between the empty hotel lobby, and the street in front:</p>

<p>Canon 50D; Canon 24-105mm; f4, 1/124, 1600ISO; hand-held</p><div>00bDKV-512659584.jpg.39b7e75c6a93444a9c138c9c5cda171e.jpg</div>

<p>"Do you scout out these locations in advance or do you shoot them as you come across them?"</p>

<p>Lupo, I'm always on the lookout for these things, as long as they have some character and aren't just a pile of junk. If the light is good, I'll stop and get the shot. If not, I come back...</p>

<p>Jim, sorry to hear of your current situation.....i hope things work out for you over the next few months</p>

<p>my shot is of three young deer in the backyard....they are from a family of six that hang around the neighborhood....there is also a good sized buck and doe that frequent my birdfeeder when not chomping on forsythia branches</p><div>00bDdF-512945584.jpg.cf49d8313927cdb0ad1b947c5e4d9e94.jpg</div>