19th century stereo cards book

<p>Hello, ok that message is a little bit on the fringe of that forum topics but it's related to (very) calssical photography.<br>

Few w-e ago while having nice time in London, I discover a fabulous new book about a set of british stereo card from mid 19th. A true catcher, I can't leave it. The book is fitted in a box with a nicely made folding stereoscope. It's well writted, interresting at technical, historical, photography point of view. And as you can imagine with plenty a reproduction or recent stereo couples to be seen with the stereoscope. And with these beautifull old 3D pictures, I'm traveling back to the past.<br>

The book is “A Village Lost and Found” writed by Brian May and Elena Vidal. You'll have no difficulty to find info about it on the net because it's writer celebrity. Of course his the guitarist from Queen but also a long time stereo photo amateur and collector.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Jean, I wanted to thank you for pointing this book out.<br>

I ordered it from Amazon.ca and received it within a couple of days. I have to say -- it's an impressive book. The quality of production is great -- comes packaged like two hardcover books in a hard slip case for the bookshelf. The stereoscope that it comes with is nice, perfectly functional. Unlike a Holmes viewer, it is intended to lay on top of a larger sheet of paper, hence it works with the stereo images in the book. I have not read the contents extensively, but it seems fascinating and another testament to the varied interests and knowledge of Brian May.<br>

I am an avid fan of stereography, and have recently started making my own Holmes cards. I really appreciate stereography as a lost popular art, and it's lovely to find a beautiful book that celebrates such early stereo work.</p>