or English speaking world would be great. I'm interested in finding

quality programs worth the money and that are going to lead to a

successful career, but I want to hear from you, not just the slick

websites/catalogs. I've found Hallmark and ICP, but there have to be

more. Feedback on those two and any others would be greatly

appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Rebecca

i have not gone through the program but i an looking at the New York Institute of Photography program. It is done through the mail. I have not gotten ant feedback on that sort of thing yet either, so i have the same question abotu them.

i think it sounds like a killer program, considering i do not have to move anywhere.

any one gone through that one?

this is a great thread because i am in the same boat as Rebecca, however I am not very willing to move considering i own and my wife loves her job.

• 2 weeks later...

Insofar as NYIP, I can tell you that you should ask them to send you free information; you will get a $150 discount if you pay upfront. But, don't bite! Wait about two months and they'll send you yet another $50 discount if you pay upfront. I've read in different threads that this is indeed a very good and reputable school, especially for those who prefer to do correspondance-type schooling. You won't get the same kind of feedback that you'd get by being in a classroom (we often learn from other people's quiries) and you won't have the same classroom camaraderie but you will be able to take up to 3 years if you are always on the "go" and busy with your everyday responsibilities. You'd have to weigh your own personal learning style; are you really the kind of person who doesn't need a teacher hovering over you to get your work done?

I've only heard good things about this school. Others may have a differing opinion but I suggest that you get their free literature via their site (www.nyip.com) and see how you personally feel about it.

Whatever your decision, good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey,

There are a couple threads on this forum discussing Hallmark currently. I am hoping to attend there this fall. There's quite a bit of information on them in the other threads titled: "Anyone know about Hallmark Institute of Photography" and "the hallmark institute of photography"

I have gathered a lot of information on HIP, and if you'd like to know more, drop me an email and I'll see what I can do.

Julie, please do tell why you say there are better choices out there. With all my research and talking to a very friendly lady in admissions, it seems like a wonderful school. What weren't you happy with?

- Jules