Fujifilm XT3 – preview
At first glance
- Classic styling
- Can customize menus it to make it yours
- New image processor – X-Processor IV
- New sensor – X-Trans IV sensor
- Comparable to many professional cameras.
- Largest line of native APS lenses to use with this
- 4K 60p internal allowing for slow motion 120 Frame per second
- Color Profiles along with internal F-log
- Video AF – using face detect AF
- Manual Focus
- While rolling in 4k
- Zebras – live histogram while shooting with focus peeking
What do we dislike about the FujiFilm X-T3:
- Battery Life gives under and hour while shooting video.
- Tilt screen is limiting. A full flip screen would be a nice improvement.
- No built in image stabilization, so it will live on a monopod or gimbal or tripod.
Fujifilm launches new mirrorless digital camera “FUJIFILM X-T3”
-Equipped with the newly-developed back-illuminated X-Trans™ CMOS 4 sensor and high-speed X-Processor 4 image processing engine with 3 times the processing speed of current models*
-Highest image quality and AF accuracy in X Series with the compact and lightweight body and improved ability to track a moving subject with blackout-free burst mode**
-Meeting the needs of professional videographers with the world’s first*** 4K/60fps 10-bit*4 recording capability for rich and smooth color expressions
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) will launch “FUJIFILM X-T3” (X-T3) as the latest model in the X Series known for superior image quality with proprietary color reproduction technology. The camera will be launched on September 20, 2018.
Compact and lightweight X-T3 packs newly-developed back-illuminated 26.1MP X-Trans™ CMOS 4*5 sensor and the X-Processor 4 image processing engine, which boasts the processing speed approx. 3 times faster than that of current models*, to achieve the highest level of image quality and AF accuracy in the history of the X Series. The ability to track a moving subject has also been improved with blackout-free burst-mode capability**. Its extended video recording capability meets the needs of professional videographers, supporting 4K/60fps 10-bit video recording*4 for the first time in the world*** with rich and smooth tonality.
In 2012, Fujifilm launched the FUJIFILM X-Pro1, a mirrorless digital camera featuring an image sensor and an image processing engine developed in-house. Since then, the company has pursued greater image quality and mobility, introducing evolved models one after another to pioneer the high-end mirrorless digital camera market. The X-T3, to be launched this time, is a fourth-generation model in the X Series with newly-developed image sensor and image-processing engine.
- *Compared to the X-Processor Pro engine equipped in current models
- **High-speed continuous shooting free from blackout, in which the viewfinder blacks out, causing the photographer to lose sight of a photo subject. This feature is only available when using the electronic shutter.
- ***As of September 6, 2018. Among mirrorless digital cameras equipped with APS-C sensor or greater, according to FUJIFILM data.
- *4Capable of recording smooth 4K video at 60 frames per second, and also capable of recording video with rich colors in 10bit (unit of color depth)
- *5X-Trans™ is FUJIFILM Corporation’s trademark or registered trademark.
The Fujifilm X-T3 will be available by the end of September at a body price of $1499 / 1349 GBP.Support Photo.net and pre-order the FujiFilm X-T3 from our friends at Adorama here!
For more on this press release click here