d 70 long exposure

gokce_erenmemisoglu

The results are very good, especially if you turn on Noise Reduction on. I've not been into the country properly to try star trails, but did try a 30 minute shot of the lenscap, with NR on (so 60 minutes in total - for this reason NR will be no good at all for star trails - you don't want gaps in your trails! However, 5 minute shots with it off are fine, so you could take a sequence of these).

I took the following 6 minute shot in Scotland one night. The pink coming off the clouds is light pollution - can you believe that even the highest mountain in the UK is affected by light pollution? :( Hopefully I'll get out to Sweden soon for better tests :)

http://forbesweb.typepad.com/photos/long_exposures/moonlightbennevisw.html

Here is an example (false color ultraviolet photo, using a black filter to cut off all visible light) taken with a 30 second exposure and noise reduction on and no post processing. The flower moved with the slight breeze present during the exposure. This is a crop (about 1/3rd of the whole frame).

http://www.camerans.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=125&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

Dandelion, a common weed, is a bright yellow flower under visible light with none of the details discernable with UV light.

Megan, I don't know if I'm misinterpreting your statement: <i> for this reason NR will be no good at all for star trails - you don't want gaps in your trails!</i>, but there wouldn't be any gap in the star trails, the NR exposure is completed after the primary exposure, they're not interlaced. You do have to wait to take another exposure until the NR exposure completes though.