AF-Makro-Symmar 100mm f/3.5 PQS for this camera. It can be

focused from infinity to enlarging ratio 1:2 without extension

tubes. It seems a very attractive lens for moderate portrait work to

me.

If you like your 6008 and 90APO and eyesight is the problem,

why not use viewfinder diopter correction in place of buying

AF body and lens? I have found that correct diopter correction

so easy to fucus that AF is not needed. Give it a try. If you really

square composition, going to 645 will not make you happy.

I am not overly impressed with my 6008AF. In addition to the AF I also own the 6008pro and 6008I. The focus confirmation of the AF worked gingerly. You have to really fine-tune the focusing in the process so there is no time-savings. With this kind of efforts, I'd say buy a diopter-adjusting add-on will save you a lot of money for your particular situation. 90 APO is also my favorite lens. 180 AF may not be as useful for portraiture work. The 60-140 AF is too heavy and too expensive and is not a field lens. One last comment, be careful in getting into 6008AF when you already have 6008I especially when you plan to add a digital back later on. PhaseOne uses separate settings for these two cameras so sharing is not as convenient. Good luck.

I have the 6008 AF and 6003 Pro and twelve lenses, none AF. The focus confirmation is incredible with the AF; it also works much better with flash. As the market is soft right for medium format keep your "i" as a spare and get the AF. Keep your 90 mm as the 100 mm AF was canceled. I was told that the only new AF lens would be the 50 mm 2.8 presented at Photokino this fall.

It makes sense to to get the correct diopter for your 45 degree prism and/or waist level magnifier. Your optometrist can help you order the right one from Rollei in N. J.

Medium format is in big trouble, we may very well see the end of Rollei,Contax and or Hasselblad this year. I have a lot of money invested in Rollei, I am frankly worried.

I find the system incredible: I feel it is the bvest most advanced system out there.

Ed Carmick,

ED, you definitely hit the point that MF is in jeopardy somewhere in the future and yes Rollei still is the best MF out there IMHO. I only could wish that they would make their own digiback instead 3rd party but will it make the price down say under $5k? and again it's very tempting to have those 35mm DSLR toys (IDS, IDmkII) for their price compare MF digiback. Sure scan would be more cheaper but buying film and processing make the cost factor even higher.I think to get the diopter seem too late now as I just made deal to sale my integral and waiting from MIke of Ctrades on my AF kit. Thanks again gentlemen and have a nice evening!.

My sentiment is with Ed. Great system, especially since the 6008i came out. Too bad they cancelled the 100mm Macro. I really hope they'll continue to survive. Hope we'll see it one day. What comes up right now is complete respect and admiration for the engineers and employees paired with an impression of a less than ideal management.

• 6 months later...
To answer your question on how it focuses, the sensor is located in the center where the split screen is so all you have to do is locate the subject there and focus till the indicators on the top both light up. The beauty of this body is you can still use your older lenses. The indicators even tell you which way to focus. Rollei IMHO is the best out there, you can't get better lenses than Schneider which all the AF lenses are manufactured by. I'm amazed on how fast it focuses, not lightning fast like the newer SLR's but fast enough for weddings which I use it for. My eyes aren't the best either! The metering system is better than any other MF system out there. There are enough digital companys out there that are working with Rollei to have a few available options. The cost is what's keeping me from jumping in, $15 to $20 K is alot! There are some companies that are leasing their backs about $500 a month so that is another option. I'll be waiting till they have a full frame sensor.....40 to 60 mpix's. Look out Canon!