Canon A1 Lens Adapters

tim_dunn2

I'm not aware of one. You never know, though, there are people out there making some pretty strange adapters....

The Minolta flange register is 1.5mm deeper than the Canon, and the canon has a pretty big opening, so it ought to be possible to make an adapter like this without resorting to a focus correcting element.

:)=

First, I haven't heard of an adapter either. Second, I could understand wanting to do this if there was something special and unique about a certain lens. IMHO, there is nothing special about any Vivitar lenses. Used lenses and particularly FD lenses are really inexpensive. I'd recommend just getting another lens.

Look in the adapter section of eBay. If it is available it seems that it would be there. I know there is NIkon to FD, so you never know. The other place that carries millions of adapters is Adorama. I agree that if it is just for one inexpenxive lens then spending $50 for an adapter may not be worth it, but if you have 2 or 3 then it may be. Good luck!

Tim,

If you find one please let me know. Outstanding Minolta lenses; 16 f2.8, 24 f2.8, MC 35 f/1.8 HH, 35-70 f3.5 (as good as Canon�s 35-105 f/3.5), 70-210 f/4, MC 85 F/1.7 (thorium glass), 135 F2.8 and on and on. In the 60's/70's Canon allied with Bell and Howell. Minolta allied with Leica and those lenses are worth a look

Thanks to all of you for your info, I'll probably buy another lens since they are inexpensive. I've seen the adapter listed on a website as being available, but no other info is provided. Must mean it either doesn't exist, or is too hard to come by- probably the same price as a Vivitar 28mm f2.8 anyway!

Thanks again,

Tim D

Tim,

I'm not familiar with Minolta's various mounts, as I'm a Canon FD owner. I was recently in a local shop and saw a Canon/Minolta mount which allows Minolta mount on FD bodies. Which mount? I have no idea. Call and ask:

Ron Mitro

AAA Fotofast

10731 W. Flagler St.

Miami, FL 33174

voice: 305.552.5097

fax: 305.554.1000

Good luck in your searches.

Chris