Model release and studio's web site.

shane_gilbert1

In short yes,

The main criteria here in Australia is whether the person is recogniseable. In other words, if you only take a picture of their body, you don't need a release but if you can see the facial features of the model enough to be recognised, then you have to have a release.

Best thing to do is to get a release signed before the shoot, no release no shoot. Then you won't end up with the model changing her mind and wanting to see the photos before signing the release.

Probably not. Is the photo taken in the context that it was shot? Do you advertise anything on your site other than your craft? Model releases are generally, and I say generally, used for commercial gain. As intellect property owner, you have many rights, you should look into them. Take any advice on this forum with a grain of salt.

Do you really think that many of the photographers who have web portfolios really

have model releases for every model? It's a promotional portfolio, not a stock photo

for sale... I can say that while working in New York I saw many an instance where

photographer's posted even celebrity portraits on their site without any repercutions.

I don't know for sure but I doubt a case against it would hold up in court.