anthracite MP ???

john_a.

The main difference is if you send me a chrome model to ding up and get to the point that it looks like it's actually seen some heavy use I'll charge you $500.00 and it'll probably take a year. The anthracite edition you can do yourself in a couple of weeks by simply not wearing lintless cotton gloves when you handle it.

Leica as an investment age has long since past, given the advent of digital among other reasons. One had to be in the Kaplan stone age (8*)) for photo gear (60's and 70's) to profit from Leica gear. In addition, one can not batter one's gear like Al does for it to keep its value. Of far more value are the results the Leica produces. Please quit searching my friend.

Steve

I kid about battering my Leicas but I really never made any special effort to do so. In reality I actually do look out for them. Heck, I'm not in as good a shape as I was 35 or 40 years ago either! What's amazing is that after all they've been through they still work just fine.

Paul~ The four M bodies and the CL are working just fine including my most recently acquired M2, but it will soon be visiting Manfred anyway to get an M4 style PC socket installed, at least on the X-synch side. I guess that kills the collector value of what would otherwise be a 9+ camera body - oh well!

Four years ago I became vaguely aware of reality inside the rescue squad truck en route to the hospital. I'd had a seizure in my sleep. My then lady friend of course freaked and had called 911. After a few days in the hospital getting every test the HMO would approve, followed by a year or more of follow up MRI's, assorted other X-rays and scans, spinal fluid pressure tests, blood work, etc., etc., the net result of all this was I was told that my heart is in great shape, no plaque in my arteries, my PSA is fine, my lungs are clean, my cholesterol is low, and my blood pressure at the low end of the normal range. As for the seizure? They don't have a clue!

After doing a bunch of research on my own I discovered that tea brewed from marijuanna was a common anti-seizure drug in third world countries. The neurologist jokingly said she couldn't prescribe it. I pointed out that perhaps a year or so prior to the seizure I got a U.S. Coast Guard issued boat captains' license, making me subject to random drug testing, and gave up my habit of taking a couple of tokes most every evening. In other words, the condition might have existed for over 30 years masked by my self medicating habit...LOL. She agreed that that was very likely. Periodic testing over the past few years still revealed nothing, and I now take a daily minimal doseage of a perscription medication just in case. Well, you asked!

I suppose that makes me more collectible than my M bodies, and to find out (true story!) about 6 months ago I got in an AOL "Romance" chat room saying something like "tall handsome man, housebroken, available to the high bidder" and a few minutes later got an instant message asking what the high bid was. A few months ago Linda (OK, she was the ONLY bidder) came to Miami for a few days, 4 weeks ago I went to N. Carolina for a week, and it looks like come August she'll be moving south and moving in!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Yes, it's for the set, meaning it comes with a Leicavit, not the lens. Sorry for reviving an ancient thread, but I just bought "Leica Tsushin" magazine and was wondering if anyone had actually bought an anthracite MP or if it was just Japanese fondler material...

• 2 years later...
I did in fact buy an Anthracite MP with the matching leicavit, just recently. I liked the classic script engraving and different color the camera was painted. To buy a new MP with a winder would have cost me more than I paid for the Anthracite version, and the camera qualified for $500 "Leica Dollars" promotion to which I used on a C-Lux. All in all, it was a good buy for myself and the camera is getting used as a camera, not as a museum piece. I'll post some pics of it after it gets some beauty scars.