Please give me your critique input

Hi, all again I need your input , this shot was taken at flower

field in San Diego , it is quite hard to ask my son for him stand

still so consisder this is pure luck.Please be advice I am still a

amateur ,shoot by leica R3 , Elmarit 35mm f2.5 first series , Fuji

Reala 100 , Print by Sam frontier 370<div>007waY-17492784.jpg.6f179721961cbba9ab19c6e812b575ed.jpg</div>

I think I like the horizon tilted, but I need to see the whole horizon. With it tilted and cut off, it feels like its a mistake. In lieu of this, I would suggest to crop it, but make sure you don't crop off the head, so you might have to untilt it slightly before you crop.

But love the colours and saturation of the photo. What film did you use by any chance?

I like the off-kilter horizon - it breaks a basic rule, but it adds a little interest to the left side and somehow balances the 2 sides of the picture. I don't think you planned it that way, but for me, it works. If the horizon extended all the way to the right side, it wouldn't work.

Khiem, it's a nice picture of your son, treasure it as such. As for the ongoing debate on the horizon/tilting, here are my 0.02. Leave the "tilt" as is - better to have a slightly tilted horizont than having a boy tilted to the right (with a wide angle tilted downwards you have to compromise somehow) - it's a kid pic, anyway, so a bit of dynamics is perfectly okay with me. I would just recomend that you crop off the tiniest bit on top, just enough to leave the head untouched, so that the horizon is cut off from the center to the right (you can imitate that effect by scrolling the page down). It will make your picture less "busy" and the view won't be detracted any more from your main subject. Cheers.

Khiem - you can learn you first important lesson about photography - and its free ! :-P

the comments above show it very clearly. ask people about a photograph and you get many answers- whats important is what you feel and what you think. its a great forum and its fun to have the input - but finally its all in the creative human :-)

if the image feels goog for you - thats it.

cheers

walter