inexpensive wood field camera source in Europe

janko_belaj

I'm aware that such question was asked for several times here on photo.net, but I'm not

happy with answers I can find in archive.<br>

I'm looking for distributor or reseller of folding wood 4x5" cameras somewhere in Europe

(preferably Middle Europe - Austria, Deutschland, Neederland, maybe Italy...).<br>

I'm looking for Tachihara or Shen-Hao (or any similar) camera in range from 5 to 8

hundreds dollars. USD. What I can find is france reseller with prices almost two times

larger then those in US...?!<br>

(Yes, I would like to buy used for less than 500 USD, but it seams that I'm just unlucky...

for used my limit would be 450-500, and on last two items I have found on some *bay site

I was outbided by just few dollars... arghhhhh. Not to mention that I would like to have

that camera in 3 weeks from now ;-)))<br>

<br>

Tnx,<br>

Janko.

Janko, is there any reason not to buy from US resellers?

I made excellent experiences with many of them, also for the post-sale support.

The current US exchange rate allows you to recover the shipping costs also.

Sandro

(Italy)

Hello Janko,

I bought a Shen-Hao HZX45-IIA starter kit from http://www.badgergraphic.com/

Shipping cost around 50 �. To get the final price, you must add custom fees and local taxes. The peopel at Badger are very very quick in delivery. Example: I ordered mine around noon CET on Monday and the shipment was in on Thursday noon the same week.

Best regards

Robert

Tnx for all your responses.<br><br>

Andrew, nice looking camera, but in case when I can not see the particular camera, I will

chose model with more user opinions around. Specially if that unknown model is just s

slightly more expensive. ...there are small but important differences in finishing (wood,

knobs, etc...) so I like to "listen" this wide rage of users...<br><br>

Sandro and Robert, tnx for sharing you experiences with me and: no there are no big

reasons for running away from US shops, just hoped that someone will know if any LF

shop exist near me (so I could visit the shop and choose by looking at particular camera).

I'm in "Middle Europe"... North Croatia to be more precisely. Just can't imagine that no one

in Germany or Italy, or... here around, have such shop...<br>

<br>

Btw, can I get your opinions on Badger Brand F1 Wood Field 4X5?<br>

<br>

Tnx again... ;-)<br>