michael_brown6

I wouldn't mind some comments from people who have used ilford's

flex product. I really like the output from a lambda, but I have

been only really been using WCI's fuji crystal gloss from their

chomira, and previously LJ. Could anyone please comments on the

handling of the flex (really susceptable to scratching), how to

transport/post it, how to mount it for framing and any other

comparisons they think are relevant for me to decide on a longer

term printing solution for high quality printing.

Crystal Archive Glossy is the standard Fuji RA4 paper. I consider it the best all around digital paper on the market.

Fujiflex Supergloss is a polyester based material with a similiar emulsion as CA glossy, but the material resembles and feels more like super shiny plastic than photographic paper. The material is structurally very similiar to Cibachrome/Ilfochrome glossy and is the counterpart to the less vivid Kodak Duraflex. Contrast is increased over standard Fuji paper which along with the super shiny surface yields extreme color saturation. Kodak Metallic beats Fujiflex in terms of blue intensity, but Fuji's product wins with magentas and yellows. Only classic Cibachrome beats Fujiflex in terms of color intentity, and the margin is slight.

11x14 and smaller the material is stiff enough where you can often get away with not mounting it. Bigger than that it's a real treat because it shows every small scratch, bubble and defect. Best way to handle mounting it 16x20 and bigger is actually find a shop that's willing to do it.