bert_lesley

I recently acquired a Vivitar 365 flash within a "lot" of items

purchased off of ebay. This came with a wall plug power source, hot

shoe/vari sensor, camera sync cord, but no battery pack. Is it

possible to utilize this flash without external battery pack? Thank

you.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

i don't know too much about the 365, but i'm looking into buying one and from what i see the flash has no battery intetnal pack - it is all external.

read the info provided at this site under the 365 for sale.

http://www.cameraquest.com/frames/4saleFlash.htm

good look finding out any info and if you come accross anything please share it with me.

thanx

• 3 years later...

No, it requires the LVP-1 which uses 8 "C" cells for power. They did make a Ni-cad battery pack, but I suspect all of them are long since dead. You will also need the LVC-1 (I think) connector between the pack and the flash. I recently did a wedding reception with one, shooting over 300 images - the ready light never went off all evening (8pm till 11:30pm). The sensor was mounted on the hotshoe and most shots were direct, not bounced, which would have taken more power. Even so, full manual recycle times were only about one second slower than with fresh batteries. BTW, the metric guide number for ISO 800 is 171 in tele mode (IE, f/4.0 at 33 meters or 140 feet).

Mike

• 4 years later...

<p>For sale in good working order, a Vivitar 365 Handle Mount Flash is a powerful handle mount flash system. Ready to use minus 8 "C" cells. It comes with a shoulder battery pak that uses 8 "C" 1.5 volt batteries. The 365 is supplied with a remote sensor that allows you to use multiple F-stops and power settings or automatic mode. It has a guide number of 160 in feet with ISO 100 film.<br>

Guide number 120 (ISO 100/feet).<br>

Accepts optional high voltage power sources for faster recycle time and more flashes. Four auto f/stop settings for controlling depth-of-field and maximum auto flash range. Zoom flash head has three positions for covering 35mm, 50mm and 105mm camera lenses. Bounce flash capability for softer lighting.<br>

Removable sensor can be camera mounted with the optional sensor cord permitting automatic exposure when using side bounce flash photography.<br>

Auto Thyristor circuitry for faster recycle time and greater number of flashes. Approx 350+ flashes<br>

<a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/800683643-USE/Vivitar_365_Flash_Kit.html%20/%20WhatsInTheBox">What's for sale</a><br>

Vivitar 365 Flash head, Variable power or automatic<br>

Remote Sensor<br>

Camera mount Bracket<br>

Battery Pack with Strap<br>

3 Power Cords ( battery pack to flash head )<br>

"C" cell Battery adaptor<br>

2 Vivitar NC-4 Batteries (one for sure doesn't hold a charge) the other I don't recall<br>

Vivitar Battery Charger 60 for NC-4 Battery packs<br>

<a href="mailto:jesseperezz@yahoo.com">jesseperezz@yahoo.com</a><br>

Amarillo Texas 806-341-1258<br>

I can send pics of the flash equipment if requested.</p>

• 1 year later...
<p>To answer this old question, YES you can use the power adapter plugged to mains outlet INSTEAD of the battery pack. You therefore have two power options: battery pack OR wall plug.<br /><br />Mains adapter might be slower at recycling?</p>