Those with an EPSON 3170...

antonio_carusone

i cut my negatives to fit the plastic sheets i put in my 3 ring binders, since that is my priority (i don't scan every negative).. so consequently, my negatives hang over the edge. so i try to be very careful about it. i've been meaning to buy this one guy's carrier, even though it will have the same issue. i would cut my negatives shorter to avoid the problem, but i hate having multiple sheets for a single roll of film. it's kind of annoying storing 6x7, since it spills over to a second sheet. but what can one do? :)

http://home.earthlink.net/~dougfisher/holder/mfholderintro.html

I use "Clear File" sleeves, both for 6x6 and 6x7 (different product numbers, same company). I cut the blank portions at the beginning and the end of film off. Both types of sleeves store 4 rows of 3 frames, 6x7 sleeves are little wider but still fit into standard 2" three ring binder and nothing hangs off. I cut 6x7 to 3+3+2+2 to avoid having a single frame strip. 6x6 is obviously cut to 3+3+3+3 (sweet format by all means).

I do what Paval does, except I use the PrintFile sleeves (more available locally). Both 6x7 and 6x6 fit into 4 rows on a single page. It also allows me to contact print all the images on a single 8 1/2" x 11" sheet. If there's an image worthy of scanning, I carefully put the row of images into the Epson carrier. Works alright for me.