Epson 2200 --> no yellow??

Hi there,

After an hour or three tweaking the contrast & color of a landscape in Photoshop (including soft-proofing to my Epson 2200 under "relative colorimetric", I finally got set to print out my picture and call it a night. I was quite surprised to see a magenta & blue picture come out! All the places that should've been green were blue, so I'm surmising that I'm getting no yellow output from the printer. This is in spite of a full yellow cartridge and the fact that just a few months ago I printed just fine with the same cartridges (and the printer's been covered up during the duration, so no weird environmental factors). Has anyone seen behavior like this before?

thanks,

James

From the utility you will first have to do a nozzle check which will almost certainly confirm

my suspicion that you have a clogged head. Then you do a head clean cycle (from the

same utility) ... probably several times. Keep doing it until the nozzle check produces a

clean pattern.

Hi James, I had a similar experience and no amount of head cleaning and nozzle checks would fix it. In the nozzle check, the yellow simple didn't print. I replaced the cartridge, cleaned the contacts, etc., etc. Finally I called Epson and this is where things got interesting. At the time this happened, my printer was 1 1/2 years old and I believe, out of warranty. So the guy at Epson asks me for my serial number and I give it to him and there's a pause... He comes back and says "You're in luck! It's still under warranty!" Well, I didn't argue! Sooo... Epson sent me another printer which of course arrived DOA. I was pretty pissed - it was a refurb. Finally, they sent me yet another one that's been humming along fine. I suspect it's in Epson's interest to keep their customers printing otherwise they can't sell us ink and paper. Good luck!

I'm not quite a year into my printer and I've already spent an amount equal to the purchase price in (Epson) ink and (mostly Ilford) paper. And I'm not THAT heavy a user. (AND I'm not complaining - I love the results). They should give the printers away for free to anyone who wants one!