Oooo...Nice Boat!

mikep1

Mike P.,

You are so full of BS. The exif data from that picture shows that it is from a Nikon D100 at f/11, 1/500 sec, focal length 70mm.

Why spam this board with snap shots then lie about the camera.

I had to look at the Exif Data because I knew that picture quality was so bad it was hard to believe it was from a Leica M7 on provia. Unless the scan was really bad. It looks like a bad digital snapshot which it is.

If I am harsh please excuse me, I just dont like deception.

Regards

Steve

Travis,

You save the photo to your computer, then you use the photoshop browser to look at the picture. The data is listed at the bottom left under exif data. It tells you everything about the picture.

I am not trying to be a jerk towards Mike P.

I just found it really funny. I doubt that he would use the D100 with red eye reduction to photograph a photograph.

Btw, I checked all my scans from my Leica Negatives and they had no Exif data. A few of his other "Leica" posts where taken with a Canon Powershot.

Anyway, I have way too much time on my hands today, but since I found one pictures that was bogus I decided to look deeper.

Regards,

Steve

V,

Indeed it was...

The Prisoners picture was taken in Vietnam with a Leica M2 in 1968 at Firebase Concord; but the other two were shot with a D100 as Steve so kindly and graciously pointed out. So it appears that one can actually see that digital and film look different!

And, I'm sorry to say, the boat isn't mine.

And, I'm not sorry to say, I sold the D100 many months ago.

I will admit I'm surprised at the general dislike of both pictures; I think they are pretty good. Oh well, I'll just keep trying.

How about this one: shot (Really) with an M7/tri-X/Noctilux at F1<div>008HS1-18026084.jpg.9d02518b87d5fd44c3379475b7698801.jpg</div>

MikeP,

I am not sorry to say I also sold my D100. I did not like it, and no amount of digital manipulations could help me with the d100. I hope there is no hard feelings about my previous tone. I kinda had the whole detective thing going, and I was getting into character.

Regards,

Steve

Mike, your a naughty boy :-)

if it's a square crop from a 24x36 film and the dancer is of average size the height is 2 meter and the distance 4.2 meter, which will give you a DOF of 0,42 meter at f1. The background should be totaly blured and the guitarist barely recognizable.

Have fun

Volker

don't have access to my picture library but only some files I left on my notebook, but here's one from a Contax G2, Biogon 28mm at F2.8 on Ilford Delta 3200 to show what I meant with DOF<div>008HU0-18026484.jpg.8c4292890891b021ff00648f5c796bc1.jpg</div>

Grant,

I am so sorry I did not realize that you where mentally retarded or just very immature. I guess that there is no use in fighting with you since you likely dont have the wit to understand what I am saying.

You may have the last word here, but after that it is off to bed with you so you don't miss the little yellow bus in the morning.