Some troubleshooting help, please........

frank lahorgue

The photo below is sized 511x393 pixels and is contained in jpeg file

totalling 37,848 bytes. Note that I have entered a caption. I used

Picture Window, a respected alternative to PS, to size the original

scan to Photo.net specs, I think. I HAVE read all the instructions I

can find on this site.

I will appreciate suggestions about what to try next to post

successfully. Thanks.<div>007SrM-16714984.jpg.6fc658689d89ad2a585b4e3eddf7767b.jpg</div>

>Stephen Gomes , feb 20, 2004; 10:04 p.m.

It could also be a problem with the file being saved as a .JPG or .jpg and photo.net only liking it one way, and photoshop saves it the way photo.net likes. If this is the case it could be fixed w/o photoshop.

Nope. I've done it both ways with no problem, the suffix being in caps or no caps doesn't make any difference (and if you look, all the above image suffixes are consistent--so that isn't the variable).

I've had exactly the same problem with posting pictures written by Picture Window. There may be an issue in the Lead Tools DLL that they use for encoding JPEG and TIFF files. I know that Jonathan is working on his own TIFF encoder to replace them, but not the JPEG part.

It would help if someone at the site could see WHY it rejects JPEG's generated by Picture Window. Or they could send the source of the program that "validates" JPEG files over to Digital Light & Color. Then they could see if there's a bug in the validator program, or if the JPEG files are defective. If they are defective, then they can beat on Lead Tools!

I'm going to start a thread about this in the Site Feedback forum.