to define it. Yes, it is called Super Tech. but in 6X9 format. It is

topless with a RF mounted on the right side. Its serial # (well, the

only number I could fine engraved in the top accessory shoe) is

5065048. It has a single level for releasing the back. I has front

rise and shift but no swing. What is interesting to me is that there

is switch on both sides of the top of body making a part of the front

body risable to give more space for front-rise when an extreme wide

lens is used (to my understanding). I would appreciate answers on if

this is the latest model of discontinued baby Super Linhof. Approx.

year, compatibility and current price. Thanks very much!

Dongyun

Hi Dongyun,

I have a Super Technika III but your find is nothing like mine. Does it have "Super" written on the body as this only refers to the fact it has a coupled rangefinder and is not actually written on the body.The later models (IV & V) have a single lever instead of 4 slides to release the back My Technika does have its serial number written on the accessory shoe. What do you mean by "topless"?

. . . intriguing !!

Regards, Ray

Sorry, Ray, for my wild word used. But, my 'topless' refers to the model with the coupled RF mounted on the right hand side as you mentioned for the Super Tech. This is distinquishabe from those top-mount RF models, such as the III, Student/70 (?). The one I saw looks like what you described for the IV and V which has the side-mounted RF (hence 'Super'), a single back-releasing lever. It has no 'Super' marked on the body but the shop keeper told me it is a Super Tech... Is the V the final model of the 23? What about the availability and price in the market? Since the knowledge on the 23 Tech is very incomplete to me, I would appreciate further information. Thanks!

Dongyun

Dongyun, sounds like you saw a Super Technika 23 Vb. Is it in black? If so, it�s really an expensive camera, same price as pre-2000 Master Technika 45 or more. As a rule it has three cams 65,100,180mm, universal VF 53-240mm with a parallax control, Super Rollex backs 6X6, 6X7, 6x9 and many other accessories. I own a complete set.

Congratulations! You just find one best camera Linhof have ever been made. From your description it should be a Technika 23 model Vb. It had an improvement on the locking mechanism of the back (this one use the metal hook and the pervious one use plastic). Its allows you to shift L/R, tilts B/F and rise and drop (by dropping the front bed). It also features rotating back and triple extension bellows. The camera will fit with all of the current accessories (backs, lens board�..). The one I own cost me $2000 for the camera body. Do not hesitate to ask your questions.

Thanks so much for all your kind response! Accordingly, the 23 Super Tech I saw may likely to be a V or a mini Master Tech, though I am not so sure what is differnet between a Vb or Va. I paste the info provided by Ray at the cameraquest.com site:

"Super Technika V 6x9 side mounted RF, looks much like the mini 4x5 Tech, has front swings and forward tilt. Body without a RF/VF a Technika V. Produced 1963-72, also produced without the RF

Master Technika 6x9, looks like a mini 4x5 Master Tech"

The only different point I can not confirm is the front swing which is lacking to the 23 Tech I saw. In fact, I have not seen any earlier 23 Tech having a front swing. It is apparent that if the V I saw is not the lastest 23 Tech, it must be a closer one. Since the 23 Super Tech is a body only (no VF, FB, lens but the bellow looks unbelievably new though) and the Linhof accesories are not so popular (or pircey) in my part of world (Japan), I may think to get a set up by chance or a trade. Thanks again for your help! Regards!

Dongyun

Linhof has never made a 69 with the front swing function. Currently the most popular one is the model IV which I think is the most solids camera ever build among the Tech 69s. There are a lot of model III out there but not a very good chose from a user point (its age and rotating back design). The model Va is a tan color one with 4 plastic hooks holding the back in place of the rear body parts. Those plastic hooks are offer found to be broken and there is no way to fix it today. The Vb as you mention is the black version with improvement and a flip top function which allow you to rise the front plane when using wide angle lens.

Hi Dongyun again.

I won't suggest you for the 23 model unless you will not have a chance to go further on 4x5. The reasons are. Price for the two models 6x9 & 4x5 are almost the same (the Tech V 4x5 is even cheaper than the 69 V). The weight of the two camera is almost the same too (the 69 V = 4.5 pounds and the 45 V = 6 pound). I am much comfort on my Tech V 45 with the combination of using a Sinar Zoom back for 120 film and the 545i back for 4x5. In such way I do not have to un-load the ground glass back (I have broken twice on my tech 69) in addition it save me a lot of time switching my focus to a taking mode. The lens board is also a big saving because you can use Toyo and Nikon made for the 45 but you have stick to Linhof for the 69.