My Universe is Crumbling

brambor

I know that some of you are probably getting tired of my mantra about lens hoods, but in this instance it is appropriate. �NO ROUND HOOD is going to give you the flare protection that a PROPER RECTANGULAR HOOD will!� If you object to the corner of the rectangular hood obstructing the VF then the answer is to remove a portion of the backside of the rectangular one to vent that corner. Frankly I did it to mine and it works, though in retrospect the improvement was hardly worth the trouble.

After only a day of playing and thinking I am already decided to keep the lens hood. The only question now is whether I will remove the battery or keep it. I use my incident meter most of the time and seeing how the Leica meter gets fooled in certain situations and then giving me the red arrows is a little annoying. Time will tell if I remove it or not.

And BTW, very few people realize that it is easy to change dominant eyes unless there is significant disparity in acuity between them. Plenty of clay target shooters have done it when their dominant eye was opposite to their handedness. The constantly used eye will ultimately take over and become dominant. I have done it and countless others have too. Just try it for a week or so.

Well it is pretty easy decision for me once I commit to spending the money. I did not know anyone who owned a rangefinder. 2. The guy in a local shop would not let me touch the camera. 3. I would need at least 3 days to do the testing and get familiar with it therefore - 1. I did not want to waste the money for renting because if I did not like the M6 then I could sell it for same money if I bought wisely in the first place. 2. The size, quietness and quality sold the camera to me already. 3. I had an ESP feeling telling me this is the right choice... ;-)

Rene, good decision given the circumstances. Sounds like a bunch of jerks in that camera shop! OTOH, i've driven a couple of shopkeepers here in Amsterdam completely crazy before finally making the decision. That's now half a year ago and i'm still spending ages fondling, listening to the shutter, focussing on anything in view, just for the fun of it (the world looks so much better through this viewfinder), and getting a couple of nice images to boot. It's difficult to explain to my friends but what the heck.<br><br>Good luck with your m6!

Rene, DON'T take the meter out of the M6!!! DON'T DO IT! Its a great meter, very accurate. Read your instruction manual a couple times as to how the meter coverage is detrmined. It is not difficult. you will learn this VERY quick. Not using the meter in camera totally defeats the reason for buying an M6.