paolavegetti

I would like to buy an AF 18-35 f 3,5-4,5 D Nikkor lens to use on

FM3a camera or F80. At present I am using a Sigma 24-70 3,5-5,6

lens, but I am not much satisfied with contrast, sharpeness and

colour saturation provided. I'd like some advice about the lens I

should buy. Another chance would be buying a 24-50 f 3,3 - 4,5. I

wait for your comments/advice.

Hi Paola,

Agree with Bojan on all points. All in all, the AF-D 18-35 is a fine lens, and it sometimes goes overlooked because it's slower (and somewhat less robust in build quality) than the AF-S 17-35. Image quality is excellent, and although manual focus is not up to AI/AIS standards, it is perfectly usable on FM3a and other MF bodies.

i used to own this lens until it was stolen along with my D100...well the lens was my dad's, but i used it a lot. all photos taken here were made with this lens on Provia 100 with an N(F)80: <a href="http://finerty.com/kev/gallery/rainierclimb">Mt. Rainier Climb</a>

<p>

its very versitile and provided very acceptable contrast and sharpness. any softness in the images in that folder are due to image size and limited manipulation post scanning.

i used to own this lens until it was stolen along with my D100...well the lens was my dad's, but i used it a lot. all photos taken here were made with this lens on Provia 100 with an N(F)80: <a href="http://finerty.com/kev/gallery/rainierclimb">Mt. Rainier Climb</a>

<p>

its very versitile and provided very acceptable contrast and sharpness. any softness in the images in that folder are due to image size and limited manipulation post scanning.