Schneider 360/6.8 Symmar-S- will it cover 11x14?

nanasousadias

If you do the math and take into consideration the fact that the corners are eating up a bit of the film in the film holder, a true measure of 11x14 is probably closer to 431mm. The 360 should have ample coverage when stopped down a bit.

The 300mm Symmar-S I use for 8x10 seems to have more coverage and movement than you would expect from reading Schneider's tables.

• 2 months later...
I recently mounted a Schneider Componon 360mm on a lensboard and tried it on my 11x14 New Improved Seneca. It has coverage that far exceedes the size of the ground glass. I can make use of the full range of front rise and fall, about 6 inches. In addition, when I remove the front element I get a lens of about 24-25 inch focal length. I can use the full range of rise and fall here also. To the first approximation this old Componon is a poor man's Symmar 360/620 convertible.

• 2 years later...

even though this is an old thread, my experiences echo robert's, with a packard shutter, the negs from a componon look identical to the ones shot with my symmar (both same vintage). I've even gone so far as to wait for the elusive inexpensive shutter large enough (copal 3?) to mount my componon in.

erie