120 film processing & digitizing labs in Seattle area?

kenneth_pai

I am coming back to my Rolleiflex but can no longer do my own

darkroom work due to chemical fumes.

So far I am limited to shooting 35mm using Rolleikin2, because all

the consumer type labs do not handle 120 film.

Does anyone know of a lab in the Seattle area (or mail order) that

develope 120 color film AND digitize the images?

I use Ofoto and Shutterfly for my 35mm work, but they do not accept

120 film.

Appreciate any advice or comments.

There are two labs I'm aware of that do in-house processing and scanning in Seattle (and one more than I haven't used that might). Ivey Imaging, off south Lake Union, is a pro lab and does this kind of work all day, every day, but expect to pay for it; a roll of Reala and contact print was $16. Ballard Camera, near the corner of 22nd and NW Market, does their 120 C-41 and B&W in house, around $10/roll with single machine prints, but charge extra (IIRC around $11 per roll) to scan 120, and last I checked can't scan 6x6 due to a software limitation (6x4.5, 6x7, and 6x9 aren't a problem, and they can print 6x6 without problems). I took all my C-41 to Ballard after that first roll at Ivey, and I've been extremely happy with the results on Portra 400NC and Portra 160NC, as well as prints from CD.

Panda Labs, on lower Queen Anne (a little hard to spot, a tiny storefront on a two-block street) does B&W only, as far as I'm aware, and I haven't used their services. Everyone else in the area, to the best of my knowledge, sends 120 out for processing, though I can't claim to have exhaustively checked; once I found Ballard camera, which was on my way home from work before I moved last fall, I quit looking.

If you don't mind going mail order Citizens Photo in Portland Does MF processing for B&W, C-41 and E-6. Locally the turn around time for all is in by 11:00 AM out by 3:00 PM. Their cost are very reasonable and they are full service, Push, Pull, contact sheet, Proofs and etc. They are on the web at: <www.citizensphoto.com>. I would guess turn around from Seattle to be 3 to 4 days.

Maybe you should just have the film processed (no prints) and purchase a film scanner to do your own scanning. High quality scanning is very expensive and you could justify the cost of a film scanner very quickly. Epson flatbed scanners (4870) give reasonable results on medium format, but if you want better quality get a dedicated film scanner. I am purchasing a Nikon 9000 to scan my medium format and my wife's 35mm, I have already tried the Epson 3200 and was not satisified with scan sharpness.