Are there any Leica dealers in San Fransisco or Los Angeles?

robin_west

Hi everyone..

I'm making a trip to San Fran or Los Angeles (not sure which yet..)

in April and want to buy a chrome 50mm F2:8 Elmar.. Anyone know if

there any good dealers in that area?

That's unless anyone out there has a mint current model for sale used

that they would part with???

Brgds

Robin West

In San Francisco, you may want to try Fireside Camera located on Chestnut Street (Cow Hollow District). Sales people are friendly and very helpful. One important note is that Fireside Camera are Leica Authorized Dealer. Meaning that when you buy a new Leica body, you will receive 3 year passport warranty.

Regards.

I was just in Keeble and Shuchat in Palo Alto today (about 35 miles South of SF) and Jeff

was willing to part with a new chrome 50 f2.8 elmar for $50 less than the black. I think

the price was $695 vs. $745 (or something close to that). He said that they bought some

chrome units before the price increase.

FWIW the store is just two blocks from the Caltrain station so it's easy to get to from SF if

you're not inclined to drive.

I also like Fireside very much. Stay as far away from Adolph Gasser, Discount Camera and

Brooks as you can. Reed's in Walnut Creek (East Bay) isn't bad but they are on the

expensive side and their inventory is pretty limited.

Have fun in the Bay Area!

Hi, Robin. The Buena Park Camera Expo is on April 18th. The address is 7530 Orangethorpe, Buena Park, CA. It's at the Sequoia Club. Lots of dealers selling used and new Leica cameras.

I can recommend this show, since I have been going to this camera show for the past 14 years--lots of film based cameras for sale.

Hope this information helps.

Louie Caracas

Thanks Kevin for the Fireside Camera info.. They sound great so I think I'll try there first.. Thanks also to David for the heads up on Keebles prices at Palo Alto.. I plan to have a car anyway so I'll take run out there.. Lastly thanks Louie for telling me about the Expo at Buena Park.. Might be possible to get to this so maybe we'll bump into each other..

Very best regards, Robin