Difference between Mamiya RZ vs RZ Pro II

felton_brown

Hello Felton,

RZ pro II has improved mechanics and half stop shutter speeds selectable with the body dial (RZ Pro can only benefit of half stop shutter speeds via the AE II metered finder).

RB Pro-SD is a fully mechanical camera but with same dimension (length, bellows extension, lens throat diameter) as RZ Pro and Pro II. Thus RB K/L lenses can be used with RZ bodies (shutter speeds on the lens) but not the contrary because RZ lenses and RB bodies haven't shutter control.

Regards.

i am guessing that you are looking to buy one of the mamiyas, the rb is a great

camera and will probebly outlive you because there is very little that can go wrong

with it, but it has the horrible disadvantage of having a seperate film advance lever on

the film back, this can really get irritating if you get distracted in the middle of shots

and only re-cock the mirror (this is the reason that i sold mine last week and brought

a pro2). the big advantage with the Rb is that they are becoming very cheap and

accessories are easy to get hold of. The Rz and pro2 are pretty much the same

camera, the pro2 will keep its value better and is worth if if you have the extra cash.

The Problem with RZ's (at least in london) is that it is getting harder to came across

used things like backs, winders. all are fantastic cameras and are built to last, they

are not called the workhorse of the pros for nothing. If you are looking to buy it

might be worth renting just to get a feel for Rb or Rz. Joe

• 1 month later...