Which QR Plate for Hasselblad on Arca Swiss B1?

sunny_poon

I am a user of Hasselblad 503CW and going to purchase a Arca-Swiss

B1 ballhead. Can anyone kindly suggest whether I should buy a B1

w/Quick Release then get a quick release plate from AW, RRS or Kirk,

or should I buy a B1 w/o Quick Release then put on a Hasselblad

Tripod Quick-Coupling S. Thanks in advance.

I have a 500C/M and use an Acratech ultimate ballhead with an Acratech Arca-Swiss style QR plate for Hasselblad. I used to have a B1 but stopped using it because it was too unreliable. Another option is <a href="http://www.clearsightusa.com/hassyfootcs.html">this replacement foot</a>. You should get an Arca-style QR ballhead in any case, as you can use that with other cameras as well. I just got a Fuji G617, and it has the same tripod foot as the 500C/M.

Do not buy the Hassy Quick Release. It is unstable. Go for the Arca Swiss. The Arca release plate is okay, but not as good as Really Right Stuff. The Arca is rather bulky and you will not be able to place your Hassy on a table or something. The RRS replaces the standard Hassy standard slide and you never know that it is there. Daniel

The arca 'blad' plate works just fine, though is a bit 'short' I would have preferred if the plate was slightly longer. There is no problem with twisting though as the bottom plate sits nicely in the groove on the plate. Everyone raves about the really right stuff plates so perhaps you should go for one of those. Also depends on where you are in the world, I mean with postage costs, you could end up paying loads of money for what amounts to a stupid piece of metal.