wnw: You favourite Composition

travis1

Some good shots all...

Thanks for sharing your ideas Travis...good stuff.

@Andrea: I had to say this is an awesome composition..old bicycles can be intriguing but hard to shoot (for myself at least) I have tried reflections, color, I will stare for an hour at a couple bicycles trying to figure it out!!!

...ends up either looking like a crime scene or just plain dumb....this is A DYNAMITE SHOT! very smart!

Hmmm... I dunno, Reina! Well-delineated areas of light & shade, with the lace pattern projected over flat & rounded surfaces. After a bit of initial shock, I hope an element of mystery takes over. ;-) An unusual item in unusual condition in unusual surroundings... Do you think it works?

I seem to favor shooting from below -- I do this a lot lately. When I see lots of lines, which I know must inadvertantly get skewed & twisted with the wide angle on, I can hear the evil voices inside me just beggin' me to take a shot. Not sure what I like more, the squatting or the screwed up angles.<div>007cAs-16925984.jpg.4949603d57bd3e234346e5d8c8eeb750.jpg</div>

Hi Eric -- You mean the mannikin? I just don't seem to see realistic ones in the stores here any more. I used to have a mannikin project, but years ago the style changed and I went on to other things. Found this one by accident, stored in unused upstairs office space above an art gallery. Couldn't resist a few shots for old times' sake!

I should scan some of those old mannikin photos and upload them, as that would best "explain" my interest. But in the meantime... there was the real person/fake person issue with more fun occasionally with real people pretending to be mannikins. And the shop girls assembling what looks like a person from scattered parts on the floor. Then there's an issue of ideals, where the mannikin seems to represent what the ideal young adult should look like; something for us real people to emulate. Often impossible.