Can't remove Bronice ETR lens from 2x tele-converter?

phillip_scandle

Just got a Bronica ETRsi, plus lenses & 2x Tele-converter E .

I don't have film in it so have tried out lenses etc. Now I can't

figure out why I am unable to remove the 150mm lens from the 2x tele-

converter or how I did it previously.

Am able to remove the tele-converter from the body. Tried

disconnecting the lens while tele-converter is on camera & off but

won't release. Wondered if fiddling with camera has set shutter or

something of that nature.

Can someone help?

cheers

Phillip

What I'm saying here is dependent on your camera working in much the same way as my SQA-i. Without cocking the shutter (wind on twice) you shouldn't be able to reomve the TC from the camera body either, so if all is basically healthy I don't think the answer to this issue lies in cocking.

My TC is sometimes reluctant to part company from a lens. If the button/slider on the TC barrel doesn't do it - sometimes it takes a few tries - then this has always worked though I don't know why. Remove the TC and lens from the camera ( after first winding on twice of course) and look at the mount end of the TC. You should see two protruding silver pegs in curved slots. Carefully slide one of these to the other end of its slot and try again to remove the lens using the button/slider on the TC. It should now release.

There's a particular order to this. It's got to do with the springs that work the mechanical linkage through the TC to the leaf shutter in the lens.

With lens and TC combo on the body and shutter cocked, first remove lens from TC using the slider underneath. While the TC is on the body, the tension of the body mechanism on the TC linkage ensures that the lock on the slider is open. Now remove the TC from the body.

If you remove the lens plus TC from the body, then separating the lens from the TC requires pressure on the linkage spring in the TC before the release slider can be moved, which requires more hands than evolution has equipped us with..

• Like 1

• 14 years later...