Epson 2200 & Red River paper

Tom,

I printed our Holiday cards on Red River matte card paper. Printed image on Epson 2200 and Type on inside with an Epson C80. Print on C80 first then 2200. Out of 100 cards about 5 had scratches or tears on the coated side but I could attribute this to the C80 that has scratched paper in the past (Epson has sent me authorization to exchange it - good customer service!). The results were excellent. I used an image captured on a digital camera the day after a snow/ice storm in the Washington, DC area, created layout that afternoon and printed the cards the following morning. Showed a few people at my office and the best complement was a colleague asking where I had purchased the cards. I'd assume that prints made on the paper would achieve the same responses. Although we photographers often obsess over things like paper choice for the most part beyond matte, semi-gloss and gloss most people look at the image in framing their response to a photograph. Archival characteristics may also play a part in your decision.

Tom, I have been using Red River papers for years and I really like them. They have good value. I use a Canon i950 and I downloaded their ICC profiles for the Polar Satin & Polar Matte. What a difference that makes. The profiles are accurate and exactly match my monitor. I have also used their Polar Art and am equally pleased. I found the Polar series to be the best vs the Ultra-Pro series. My preference is to stay away from the gloss papers, but have used their Polar gloss with great results. Give them a try, and with their profiles, you should be happy. Good Luck!

• 6 months later...