Filter system for Pentax 6x7 55mm

robert_bates3

What do you recommed? For 6x7 55mm filter system,the Lee system with

1 slot and wide angle adaptor. Or do you prefer the Cokin X system.

The cokin system is a bit cheaper.There is also a w/a adaptor for

the Cokin P system.For starters I would like a round rotating linear

polorizer. Anybody know what vignettes and what does not.

Robert

Pentax made filters in the 100mm size. You might try looking on Ebay

for 100 mm size filters or buy them from B&H Photo in New York. I know they will be costly but how many filters do you really need and plus the fact that they will be easily changed on the lens. I wouldn't use the Lee or Cokin system because of the hassle of changing filters. That's the reason I never have looked at the 55 mm f3.5 is the filter cost but I would love the speed of the lens. Hope this helps.

Hi Robert,

I use a Cokin "P" system for many years on 67II. Cokin "X" system is not more useable while you don't shoot with 500 mm {filter size 92 mm). For 45 mm and 55 mm I recommend to get slim holder to prevent vignetting. 45 mm vignettes with a polarizer on a standard "P" holder. You can also get Cokin Z-PRO system with 100 x 100 mm filters. I have no experience with Lee system.

I use the Lee system. I use step-up rings(77-82, & 67-82) and with the 82mm wide angle adaptor I can have two filter slots w/o any vignetting on any lens(even the 45mm).All my filters are 82mm.I don't own the 35mm fisheye.IMHO Lee is vastly superior to Cokin in quality & variety.If you get a round polarizer you need a slim model(no outer threads) for use w/ the 45mm(I use the B&W). If you use a step-up ring any polarizer should work w/ 55mm and greater focal lengths.

Hi Alan, I'm a little confused. You say that all your lee filters are 82mm and I

thought all of the Lee system filters were 100mm and slid into holders.

I to am looking for a filter system to enable me to use graduated filters for B&W

landscape. Could you explain basicly what I need to order from Lee to set up

this system properly. I also need to know if I need to use a circular polarizer in

able to ensure the metered prism on my 67 functions properly .

Thanks - Terry

Terry,

The Lee filter holder mounts to the lens via an adapter.It is part of the holder & is what the holder rotates about. By using the 82mm wide angle adaptor you have the greatest versatility.THis does entail using step-up rings.The actual filters are 100x100 or 100x150 for grads.I use circular pols (for the 67II) but I have been told that linear pols work. I can't verify the linear pol. info.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...