Santa wants to know what is on your classic camera Christmas wish list

gib

1. rolleiflex 2,8e prototype with all 3 switchable lenses

2. alpa 11si with kern macro switar (i was offered one in black with blue leather in 1981 for 400 dollars but refused and bought a used nikon f instead, which at that time had more glamour for me:-((

3. arriflex IIa 35 mm movie-cam: the best and far ahead of its time.

Wm. J., I'm pretty well kitted out. I have more gear than I can carry easily and gear I'll probably never use. I must stop accumulating.

What I CAN justify acquiring in the way of new gear has capabilities that weren't readily available in 1970. No, not more automation than the Konica Autoreflex T, which was available in 1970. What I'm contemplating has Nikon F mount and 1/250 sync speed. I already have one body with those attributes, a spare/second unit would be useful. Sometimes. When the new one (could be an FE2, 8008, 8008S, FM3A) comes, an old one, probably my wife's ELW, will go.

I have a backlog of cameras to be repaired, in particular Retina Ib and IB. But they're not about to go to the shop because I don't really need to use a working Retina I.

What I really hope Santa will bring me first is trips to SKGrimes for the 47/5.6 SA (I can't get the rear cell out of the focusing helical, the shutter needs to be replaced, and I can't use the lens until it is on a board) and the Supernatural Grand Lens (can't be used until it has an adapter to hold it in front of a #1). Also a little fixture for my Century Graphic that will allow me to square up the front standard anywhere on the bed; I have one for my 2x3 Speed, but it won't fit the Century, whose rails aren't as far apart as the Speeds.

Next year I may ask Santa for a nice 2x3 Graflex to be converted into a 2x3 Big Bertha. Maybe.

Cheers,

Dan

Dear Santa:

Like Don, I have a ton of "stuff" but here is my list: All in Exc+ condition.

1904 Ernemann Tropical (clap) in teak wood.

1920 Press camera Contessa Nettel Tropical (clap) in teak wood - the most beautiful camera I've ever seen.

1904 Kodak Bull's Eye Special.

1935 Zeiss Ikon Contaflex (TLR) with 3 set of lenses.

1926 Ernemann Ermanox.

That's all folks, Tito.

Oh, and Santa, <br>

I forgot that this was a wish-list just for classic cameras so skip the H1 and bring me a Speed Graphics instead <i>(you can leave me the cash difference either via paypal or bidpay and I will give you positive feedback).</i>

Dear Santa,

I'm really not interested in a bunch of expensive stuff this Christmas, I just want to get some old, old cameras working again. What I'd like is:

A ground glass focusing back to fit my Ziess Ikon 250/7 Ideal (and a set of film holders and sheaths, if the auction I'm bidding on goes out of my budget).

Half a dozen additional 9x12 cm film sheaths to fill out the rest of my plate holders.

Gift certificates for CLA and minor repairs for my two Ricoh Singlex II bodies (if they're old enough -- I'm not sure when they were made).

A brick each of TMY (or Tri-X 400) and Portra 400 NC in 120 (plenty of room in the freezer).

Ten feet of black ABS pipe, fittings, and a can of cement to make up developing tubes for 9x12 and 4x5 sheet film.

A startup of some kind of multi-contrast fiber paper, HC-110, Microphen, Dektol, Indicator Stop Bath, and non-hardening fixer, plus measuring, mixing, and storage, and trays (got a tank already).

Two weekends back to back with nothing else to do, plus the hardware to light seal the bathroom for darkroom use (don't need much hardware -- foam weather strip for the door, a light trap door vent, and an add on light trap for the exhaust fan will do the job).

Okay, here's the tough one: a job close enough to home to save me the two hours on the road every day, so I have time to shoot, develop, and print.

Oh, and if you have to pick and choose (I understand, some of this stuff might not fit in the sleigh), please start at the top of the list... B)