65mm on a Toyo CF

steve_larese1

Hi all,

I have a 65mm that I can use on an old Crown Graphic if I drop

the cover and push the front standard back into the body. Works

but is a pain. Does anyone know if one could do the same with

the Toyo CF? Literature says it accepts only 90mm to 400mm. Or

if there are any recommendations as to what field camera would

be good with a 65mm, that would be most welcomed.

Thanks so much,

Steve

If it says 90 mm, it probably means 90 mm. But the shortest bellows extenstion is listed as 80.3 mm. Since most wide angle lenses have a rear flange distance slightly greater than their focal lengths, I don't see why it couldn't take an 80 mm lens. It might conceivably take a 65 mm lens with a recessed lens board.

The Shen-Hao claims a minimum bellows extension of 55 mm, so it ought to accomodate a 65 mm lens.

I have a Toho FC-45X which, while not strictly a field camera, is equivalent to one in terms of usability in the field. When considering what to purchase next, I determined that I could if necessary use it with a 65 mm lens, but given the limited amount of movement possible with the lens I had in mind, and tightness that close in, I opted instead for a 75 mm lens. With my 75 mm lens, I have no problem at all and can even shift to the maximum image circle of my lens. Badger Graphics, which also sells the Shen-Hao and the Toho, is selling a clone of the Toho, the Badger M2, for about three fourths the price.

I have a CF. I don't have the manual in front of me, but I remember reading that it will accept 75mm lenses with the bed dropped and in horizontal format. Vertical will result in some vignetting. Sorry I don't know about the 65mm.

Hi,

I had recessed lens board with 72saxl on the CF and it just worked without any movements A(well absolutely minimal movements).

The ebony 45SU I have will work with your 65. In fact, many of the ebony's would be okay with taht lens. Check out their web site.

REgards,

Mark